Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most favorite part about driving the M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been a life long stick driver, with cars like the CRX, S2000, Cayman, 335, etc. I preferred stick mainly because until DCT were reliable and widely available, you stepped on the gas and waited for the gear to downshift, and on slushboxes that usually took what felt like forever.

I had a Gen1 Volt and a Spark EV, enjoyed the cars, but both had a weird slight delay when pressing the accelerator pedal.

Now come the M3: I test drove the P and the LR RWD before buying the AWD and every one of the variants offered instant throttle response, which is what I think is the best part about driving my M3.

What is your most favorite part about driving your M3?

No longer missing yellow lights due to car taking too long to accelerate to speed (safe yellow lights, of course).

Safely changing lanes and easily getting up to lane speed so car coming behind me doesn't have to brake.

Able to brake a little hard, like at a sudden yellow light, but knowing regen is doing its job and not having to overwork friction brakes.

1620011F-A35A-44C6-A1DA-7A6ECEC31098.jpeg

I have owned 42 cars/trucks and 4 motorcycles, from BMW M3's and AWD turbocharged imports to harley's and japanese superbikes, I have never driven anything with wheels that feels like it has the harmony between power source and pavement like the Tesla Model 3. I commute 13+hrs a week in my 3D and it is always happy, the car seems unstressed and definitely doesn't seem to tear itself apart like the boosted ICE cars I've had. ICE sports cars are fine and fun, but they seem like the systems of the car are at odds with eachother and I never feel like that with my Tesla, My opinion