Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most likely refresh MX reservation or MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order date: MX = Feb 3rd, 21; MY = Sep 11th, 21

Current EDD: MX = Feb, MY = Mar 2-30

Spec: Both red ext, white interior (see screenshots)

Situation: We decided to splurge on the X (before 15K price hike) but due to the refresh X being delayed, we ordered MY as a backup plan and did Volvo care (XC60) lease in Oct. With the potential of tax credit for MY, this makes the price difference = 44K + 8K = 52K. Assuming we are getting at least half of the price hike, it makes MX at least 60K more than the MY. Now that we have driven ICE SUV, the boss doesn't really care which car we get. And being frugal as she is, I already know that she would want the MY or some other ICE car instead.

Hence, we "maybe" selling our MX reservation. Since we have our current M3, solar and powerwall in our acct, I'd rather not give my acct to someone. Looking to see what type of offer we are getting. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 2.17.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 2.17.55 PM.png
    66 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 2.18.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 2.18.59 PM.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 2.20.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 2.20.05 PM.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: voxel
Since a few of you reached out and Tesla doesn't transfer the reservation, we can do one of the following:

1. I pay the full amount, take the car, and sell it to you. Though you will pay on the higher tax bill and I lose out on some of the money since I have to pay sales tax as well.

2. I change the reservation info to your name, you pay for the car and all registration will be in your name. This requires some trust as the car will still be under my acct but you pay the pre-price-hike amount. We can sign some paper if we go this route. I believe Tesla SA can then move the car to your Tesla acct, if you already have one.

3. You have access to my acct and take the car as in step 2. I am iffy about this step but for someone to be paying 100K on a car, I assume they are decent enough to not mess with my other car, solar, etc.

I am open to any suggestions as this is the first time I am doing this.