Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Mileage: Commuter Or A Weekend Rider?

How Much Mileage On Your Model S?

• < 10000 Miles

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • 10000 - 15000 Miles

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • 15000 - 20000 Miles

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • 20000 - 25000 Miles

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • 25000 - 30000 Miles

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • 30000 - 35000 Milies

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • 35000 - 40000 Miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45000+ Miles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One day when I get the Model S I will drive it every day. Too and from work. I will likely have quite a few miles on it. My father will have me believe I should keep my current car (Ford Mustang V6) and only drive the Model S on the weekends as a joy vehicle or something. I am not a car guy, so maybe I don't appreciate the concept of having multiple vehicles per person in the house hold. To each their own, I say. :)

But the main point of this thread is that I was wondering who had the most mileage on their Model S as of now. I couldn't find a thread about this and I apologize if there is one. I will make a poll here as well for fun data to track. The data points I was interested in, just out of curiousity, is:

When You Bought The Model S:
Mileage:
Issues From Wear And Tear:

So basically issues that have come up day to day from when you bought until now, from mileage on the car. This could be cosmetic from the inside to the outside to mechanical and break/fix stuff. Item's such as the door handle becoming broken from ill-use or losing mileage. All is up for grabs.

:)

When You Bought The Model S: Mar 2
Mileage: 15
Issues From Wear And Tear:
- Tires
- Ouchies from road debris (lights and the top of the hood) and signs falling over at car shows (rear bumper, front bumper, and hood). Paint armour only. These are all small, enough to be annoying, not enough to have the paint armour replaced.
- B-pillar wear from car shows. I have no idea about the number of folks who have sat in the drivers seat. Probably over 1,000.

Tires are the biggest maintenance item. I just replaced a pair at 21000 miles. I've been in the Service center about 4 times. Supercharger hardware failure (super rare), tire replacement, windshield replacement, hood repaint from delivery scratches, and other minor things. Service has always been great

This would be a more meaningful poll if it were # of miles per year, that you plan on putting on your car. As it is here, you could have a two month old car with 10K miles!

Or just have people do the math for miles per year so far, e.g., 10K miles in 10 months of ownership = 12K miles. Miles / months * 12 = projected miles/year. So I'm on target to have about 15-16K miles per year, based on the past almost-10 months.

- - - Updated - - -

I am going to wait a couple of weeks to answer the poll as I am fast approaching 30k miles and it looks like that category could use a mark. :wink:

LOL and congrats, Tommy. :-D

- - - Updated - - -

Whoops, forgot the info:

When You Bought The Model S: Picked up Feb. 9th, 2013
Mileage: 12,616 miles (including 20-21 when I picked it up) @ 328 Wh/mi according to the trip meter
Issues From Wear And Tear: Uh...a little rough patch where I get in/out (B pillar?); I adjusted the seat a bit and am more careful, but expect over time it'll look worse...can't think of anything else that falls under "wear and tear"

Tuesday is my 1 year anniversary, I'll be just over 22,000 miles. It's a daily driver plus any trips anywhere in my range.
Here's a map of everywhere I've driven and charged in the past year.
2013-12-01 11.00.57.jpg

Tuesday is my 1 year anniversary, I'll be just over 22,000 miles. It's a daily driver plus any trips anywhere in my range.
Here's a map of everywhere I've driven and charged in the past year.

Go Evan! Having lived 20 years in Columbia, I find it interesting that you don't seem to go north to Jeff City, the Columbia Regional Airport, Columbia or Fulton. Luck of the draw? No chargers? Columbia itself having more hospital beds per person than Rochester, MN (Mayo), 5 colleges or Universities, all in a "town" of only about 115,000, it was and seems to still be on a higher level than some of the state, not including Nixa, of course, but more probably including the law makers in Jeff.

Have fun driving!

Go Evan! Having lived 20 years in Columbia, I find it interesting that you don't seem to go north to Jeff City, the Columbia Regional Airport, Columbia or Fulton. Luck of the draw? No chargers? Columbia itself having more hospital beds per person than Rochester, MN (Mayo), 5 colleges or Universities, all in a "town" of only about 115,000, it was and seems to still be on a higher level than some of the state, not including Nixa, of course, but more probably including the law makers in Jeff.

Have fun driving!
I have had one trip to Jefferson City...believe it or not they don't have a single charger there. If you notice at Lake Ozark I have a charge point indicator...I stopped for 2 hours on the return trip to top up at an RV park. I have only been to Jeff City a handful of times the whole time I've lived in Missouri (13.5 years), just not much reason to go there. I'm an Arkansas Razorback alum/fan (note the charge blip in Fayetteville, AR) which is actually closer to Nixa than Jeff City, so I'm far more likely to go there for a game than Columbia. I should make a trip to Columbia at some point though...haven't looked at the charging options there yet.

And of course, I should add myself:
Received: Sept 16, 2012, so lots of time for driving
Miles: 31,500
Tires: Ah. I buy mine at Tire Rack at winter discount, save about $400 per set by the time you add shipping and mounting. I get the OEMs, which are on sale now. I got about 21,000 on first set, living at 1500' above the valley floor on winding mountain roads. My last EV only got 12,000 per set, so I am very happy.

All -

One of our original @TeslaRoadTrip participants, Dante just texted me a screen shot - he just passed the 50k mark on his Model S which he received in late December I believe. His car is his daily driver and he has also driven it on several long road trips....

Aaron

IMG_1055.jpg

All -

One of our original @TeslaRoadTrip participants, Dante just texted me a screen shot - he just passed the 50k mark on his Model S which he received in late December I believe. His car is his daily driver and he has also driven it on several long road trips....

Aaron

View attachment 37057

Nice... Burning question: What's his rated range on full range charge?

Fred

Believe it or not - when he was in the low 40's and supercharging in FL, I heard that his max range charge was still 262! I believe he was on 4.5 at the time.

I will confirm...

Aaron

I'm hoping that this thread and other threads like it will shine a light on how little range one loses over time or over mileage. If he gets that good of a charge, then I have nothing to worry about. I've had my current vehicle for 5 years and I only have a little over 50k miles on it. :)