TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Most Northerly Australian Destination Charger?? Mooloolaba Beach

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Wattup, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Wattup

Wattup Member

Is Mooloolaba the most Northerly Destination Charger so far.

Peter Foran is the Chair of the Mooloolaba Spit Association and manages a some holiday accom at Mooloolaba beach on the spit. He is a forward thinker always looking for ideas to promote tourism at Mooloolaba. I suggested he think about putting in some destination chargers as there is a growing number of Model S in Brisbane / Gold Coast where Mooloolaba might represent a nice road trip for a few people. He just sent me a message to say it is DONE.

Guests at
    Mirra Chana Mooloolaba Beachfront Accommodation | Mirra Chana on Mooloolaba Spit 3 Bedroom apartments on the beach side of the road

Spinnaker Quays Spinnaker Quays - Mooloolaba Accommodation 2 and 3 BR apartments on the River side.

WhiteSails White Sails Mooloolaba | Beachfront Accommodation | Beachside Accommodation on the Mooloolaba Spit 1 3 BR luxury apartment taking up the 2nd level in a 3 apartment building.

Will have access to Tesla HPWC in the basement carparks.

We used to stay at the apartments when we had holidays here, before deciding to live here. I might be a bit biased as it is my local beach, but I think Mooloolaba is a great beach. Webcam MOOLOOLABA SURF CAM SURF REPORT | Coastalwatch.com

If I can, a plug for a friend of mine who owns Augellos, which is an easy 400m walk from the apartments. Twice world champion pizza winner Augello Pizzeria | Voted the Best Pizza on the Globe

PM me if you are coming, it would be good to catch up. I will have my car in a couple of weeks although I am usually at the beach via my bicycle.

I am lobbying with some other contacts to consider more destination chargers in the Hinterland, I would love to see the Sunshine Coast lead the way in EV friendliness. Plus the more Model S that get sold into South East Queensland the more Tesla will invest in service support and superchargers etc.

cheers
    Chris

2. Chuq

Chuq Member

Nice work! Looks like Tesla need to update their destination charger map - Moffat Beach is the furthest north on the map at the moment:

Tesla Store, Service Centers and Chargers

(PS Also recently found that the furthest south is MONA in Hobart!)