Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Popular Design Changes Before Production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I added the rear facing seats last minute. We got a S75 too here in Scottsdale and have had the car for a couple weeks. The seats have been great so far but I have a 5 and 7 year old so it made sense. It allows us to still take the car when we're also hauling their friends instead of having to take the minivan.

Did not get the pano and don't miss it at all. Most people love it but for us the body roof feels cooler and cozier and we weren't sunroof people to begin with.

No premium audio either.

It was a tough decision to go 60 vs 75. Jury is out on whether the $7500 is worth the extra 39 miles in range. Went with the 75 because didn't want to have to pay out of pocket later when it could be rolled in at such low financing rate.

Changes that I know have happened with my large group of friends, in order of occurrence:

1) Color Exterior
2) Color Interior and trim options and going to Dark Alcantara Headliner (really only 2 color choices now, tan or black seats as grey is delayed at present)
3) Removing Rear Facing Seats
4) Changing to/from Premium Sound
5) Adding Premium Interior Package which is tied with Wheel Size or Style Changes
6) Adding Climate, if you are in the North, you should get this, a no brainer
7) Going from Standard to NextGen seats (when that was once a choice)
8) Removing Air Suspension or Adding Air Suspension
9) Adding Rear Facing Seats
10) Adding / Removing Pano Roof (observation, those in the far north or south tend to remove due to cold or sun heat)

Oddly enough, none vacillated on AutoPilot, it seems you are in that camp or out of it. TACC is really worth it IMHO. Also you are either in the Dual Motor camp or not depending on your location. Observation, those who do not get Dual Motor also do not get Climate, Pano or Air Suspension... essentially a mildly optioned car.

Lastly, I know of 3 folks who wish they could click their heels and have the rear facing seats removed and their pockets lined.

My advice.... get the biggest battery you can afford, especially if you live in a climate that gets COLD in the winter. Hear this and try to understand it.

You can peruse the Order spreadsheets and get a sense what folks are ordering by region (north or south or central).

Last edited:
I changed the headliner and decor options about four times before the order was confirmed. One last time after I saw my intended option in person. (Figured Ash -> swapped for Matte Obeche.)

Also dropped Dual motors, since Taxes ended up being higher than I expected.