TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Most popular interior with grey exterior

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by svoelpel, May 1, 2013.

1. svoelpel

svoelpel Member

I am considering ordering a Grey 60kWh as a surprise for my wife to share the garage with my Blue 85kWh. Appreciate feedback on what color interior folks are seeing or have selected. Thanks.

2. Zextraterrestrial

I have grey with black Performance interior w/ lacewood. like it
    pretty nice combo but If you live in a hot area might consider grey interior although I haven't seen that combo in person

3. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

I have Grey/Grey, very nice, and nope, it's not "too much" grey, the carpet is black and the dash is glossy black as well... I guess the carpet doesn't match the drapes in this case :)

4. Andrew

Andrew Model S #6151

What a good spouse you are!

We have grey with the grey (non-performance) interior and lacewood -- and it looks fantastic. Since there's still so much black (near the floors), and the leather is a fairly light gray, it's a rather striking two-tone combo. I'm also very glad we went with the lacewood!

5. Owner

Owner Active Member

I ordered mine with the black interior. I love the monochromatic interaction where from the outside you don't really see the seats. More photos and details from my old blog post.

I was hesitant about black interior but then I can roll down all the windows before getting into the car with the fob, or pre-cool it from the app.

6. hvb

hvb Member

I too have the black leather interior with my grey car. It looks really sharp with the piano black accents.

7. dfitz206

dfitz206 Member

I did standard black leather interior with obeche gloss on my Dolphin Gray. Love it.

8. gimmee2

gimmee2 Member

My wife was thrilled when I brought her home a cooked with dinner last night. I hope she doesn't see this thread or I'm in trouble. Thanks for raising the bar so high for all of us husbands!!

My grey 60 will be delivered in the next couple of weeks. I ordered the grey leather and obeche gloss.

9. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

I have this exact combo and think it looks great (and my wife does too).

10. jpasqua

jpasqua P19325

I've got the same combo and am very happy with it. I'm considering getting aftermarket mats and trying to decide on a color. I suppose black is the safest choice but wonder if anyone else with a grey/grey has gone a different direction.

11. JPP

JPP Active Member

svoelpel---sure you don't want to ask your wife what color palette she would like? Kind if hard for her to exchange it after you surprise her with it if she wanted another color.

12. shokunin

shokunin P85 & S40

My wife preferred the tan over the black or grey leather. To her the black and grey were a bit too masculine for her. I would have chosen black, but it's her car mostly so she should decide what she'd prefer to see day in and day out. The more reason to buy two Teslas.

13. toto_48313

toto_48313 CAN P #5

My Grey car have the black interior with CF accent, it's perfect for me.

14. svoelpel

svoelpel Member

Excellent point so I did just that. Took her to the Raleigh service center yesterday. Saw most all colors except grey. She liked the silver that was cleaned for delivery but after looking at pictures on line last night prefers the grey with grey interior. So last choices today before hitting the order button is black or grey roof and what trim. Any suggestions are appreciated.

15. JPP

JPP Active Member

Glad you asked her-you really want her to enjoy it.

16. svoelpel

svoelpel Member

Don't guess I need any more feedback. Just hit the purchase button for a grey 60 with grey leather/lacewood. As suggested by someone earlier I decided to not surprise her in order to give her the chance to be part of the color selection. Now the second wait begins.

17. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

Grey with Tan FTW! Especially if you go with the Performance seats. They have matching Grey piping.

ETA: Oops. Too late. Congrats to your wife!