Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most requested features list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple of simple ones:
  • Good old fashioned speed limiter
  • Option to unlock charge port at the same time as unlocking the car
  • Reordering (well, any ordering) of lists (favourite radio stations, locations etc)
  • Ability to change incoming ring tone (I can't hear the current one!)
  • A better Joe Mode that actually shuts up non-essential bongs (maybe call it "Let my passengers sleep mode")
One harder one:
  • The ability to make the car visualisation area smaller (or resizable) - such a waste of space

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
I didn't mean fitting the higher voltage LI battery Tesla now use - What I'd like is for Tesla software to allow us to replace the 12V lead acid with a 12v li battery - like the ohmm battery. Apparently, the car charges the lead acid differently to an LI so the software could be updated to select lead acid / li when it comes to replacement time (owners that fitted the Ohmm ran into issues with them going flat)
That‘s on the retrofit company to get it right. It should contain its own BMS and dc-dc converter to charge it correctly.

I’ve owned cars with frameless windows for 35 years and never had the sort of issues that the Model 3 suffers from in damp freezing weather.

That said, this was unusual conditions even for us.
How often are you getting this issue?
I suspect I'm in a colder (and probably damper) climate than you and I've never had this problem. Even without WD40 GummiPfledge.

Reactions: Adopado
Couple of simple ones:
  • Good old fashioned speed limiter
  • Option to unlock charge port at the same time as unlocking the car
  • Reordering (well, any ordering) of lists (favourite radio stations, locations etc)
  • Ability to change incoming ring tone (I can't hear the current one!)
  • A better Joe Mode that actually shuts up non-essential bongs (maybe call it "Let my passengers sleep mode")
One harder one:
  • The ability to make the car visualisation area smaller (or resizable) - such a waste of space

I get no ringing when my phone goes if it's on silent every other cars handsfree has always rang but not my model y and I can't for the life of me make it work.

How about V2A for all models, VW , Ford etc are all doing power out now , Tesla need to pull their finger out , its a feature that will make me move from Tesla once implemented / supported by Myenergi etc. also give me back the energy consumption Trip card information on then Home Screen again please Tesla

Reactions: pow216
Set the TACC? Never understood need of speed limiter then TACC does the same. Just set to required speed and that's it?
The problem with TACC is that it doesn't allow you to control the speed. I want to be able to drive slower than the limit when I choose, but still never exceed it.

Equally, TACC can be fairly jerky and gets spooked by just about anything. I certainly wouldn't trust it in towns or near schools.

Equally, TACC can be fairly jerky and gets spooked by just about anything. I certainly wouldn't trust it in towns or near schools.
Exactly. I have found TACC to be quite inappropriate in 20mph or 30mph limits for these reasons ... putting on the brakes just because you are driving past a parked car or a pedestrian on the pavement. A simple limiter to stop you exceeding the limit would be much better. In these environments you need to be looking around at cars, pedestrians, bicycles and you can't avoid drifting over the limit.

The problem with TACC is that it doesn't allow you to control the speed. I want to be able to drive slower than the limit when I choose, but still never exceed it.

you can set TACC at the speed you want. It's still crap, but you can

Set the TACC? Never understood need of speed limiter then TACC does the same. Just set to required speed and that's it?
Speed limiter and TACC are very different in their function. If you set TACC to 30 in a 30mph zone it will try and KEEP you at 30 whether appropriate or not. In most cases in a 30mph zone you want to frequently drop below 30, depending on circumstances, but know you're not going to exceed 30 when you accelerate. I thought it seemed a fairly obvious distinction.

I'd like the car to give me the option of turning off the verbal diarrhea of the satnav instructions, and instead get a little bong a when I need to take action (1 mile ahead for motorway, 300m ahead for a 30 zone). Currently I can have satnav noise, or the hope that I glace at the screen regularly enough

you can set TACC at the speed you want. It's still crap, but you can
Yes, I know you can set TACC for a speed, and I have mine set to come on at the speed I'm travelling, however it is the varying of the speed 'up to' a limit that is important.

Just my opinion, but TACC is a very different thing, and has a very different purpose, to a proper speed limiter.

Just my opinion, but TACC is a very different thing, and has a very different purpose, to a proper speed limiter.
Exactly. TACC isn't a suitable replacement for a limiter.
Traffic-Aware Cruise Control may be unable to provide adequate speed control because of limited braking capability and hills. It can also misjudge the distance from a vehicle ahead. Driving downhill can increase driving speed, causing Model 3 to exceed your set speed (and potentially the road's speed limit).

How often are you getting this issue?
I suspect I'm in a colder (and probably damper) climate than you and I've never had this problem. Even without WD40 GummiPfledge.
This conversation probably best for another thread as its gone way past the suggestion of being able to choose where preheat energy comes from (battery and/or mains), but to answer this direct question, probably half dozen to dozen times a year or various severity which is difficult to jusge until you try so need to plan for the worst and, it's not how damp or cold it is, it's how damp it was (and what type of dampness - rain, condensation, fog - all give a different wetness) and most importantly, how quickly it freezes - a sudden freeze (possibly a 6-10C drop in temperature in a matter of a few hours, worse if it was >4C when you last drove and windows hadn't dropped so will still be above the trim line) with a car full of early morning condensation causes the most mayhem. Normally when it rains, you don't get this sudden drop in temperature. Think more freezing fog conditions at some point during the night, but not exclusively.

Reactions: init6
This conversation probably best for another thread as its gone way past the suggestion of being able to choose where preheat energy comes from (battery and/or mains), but to answer this direct question, probably half dozen to dozen times a year or various severity which is difficult to jusge until you try so need to plan for the worst and, it's not how damp or cold it is, it's how damp it was (and what type of dampness - rain, condensation, fog - all give a different wetness) and most importantly, how quickly it freezes - a sudden freeze (possibly a 6-10C drop in temperature in a matter of a few hours, worse if it was >4C when you last drove and windows hadn't dropped so will still be above the trim line) with a car full of early morning condensation causes the most mayhem. Normally when it rains, you don't get this sudden drop in temperature. Think more freezing fog conditions at some point during the night, but not exclusively.
The bit that confused me was when you said it was an unusual event - hence my querying why we'd need a new 'feature' to solve it. Since it's happening on a regular basis have you thought about getting Tesla to check the window alignment? Plenty of threads in the forum about poorly aligned windows.

As others have already said matrix headlights that actually function as matrix lights, the hardware has been there for long enough now!

Option to disable auto door locking, it's a pain when you have to pick passengers up and they're yanking on the door handles because you forgot to unlock the car.

Option for mobile alerts to notify that sentry mode has been triggered.

Amazon and Apple music would be nice.

Illuminated charge port for the winter nights.

Improved road noise insulation.