Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most requested features list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sentry gets triggered so easily you’d just end up getting spammed with notifications. I parked up for 20 mins last week and came back to 9 events, mainly of people walking past and me coming to get back in the car

Isn't there different levels of activation? Brand new to tesla so I genuinely don't know I've had alerts of people walking past its the ones that try and look inside right up to the glass I'd like to know about

Sentry gets triggered so easily you’d just end up getting spammed with notifications. I parked up for 20 mins last week and came back to 9 events, mainly of people walking past and me coming to get back in the car
I'm happy for it to have made multiple recordings. If I notice damage on the car, I can go through the footage. If I don't, then it'll get cleared every now and again.

Yes, that's why I said for it to be a switchable option, so if you leave your car in a high traffic area you can switch it off. I had no option but to park in a bit of a dodgy area not long ago, an alert to say sentry had been triggered would have been good in this instance.

Reactions: Sparky750
You will always get spam notifications for any motion based security system, it's a fine line where you cut off the detection limits, I would rather have too many alerts and hopefully catch anything bad that did happen to the car than make it less sensitive and possibly miss something. Sentry is another "bonus" feature of the cameras, it was never designed soley as a security system and it's still far better than any other manufacturers standard system I know of.

Reactions: pow216
  1. Basic auto high beam which works, and preferably operable matrix headlights.
  2. Wipers which don’t auto wipe a dry screen, do auto wipe for drizzle, and where speed can be manually controlled via scroll wheel (like in latest S\X).
  3. Motorised memory interior rear view mirror.
  4. Sat nav which can correctly count roundabout exits.
  5. Speed assist which can correctly apply the current speed limit, and preemptively adjust set speed when approaching a lower limit.
  6. Vented seats.
  7. Electrochromic roof.
  8. CarPlay.
  9. Dead pedal for right foot.
  10. Power frunk.
  11. Frunk drain plug.
  12. Adaptive suspension.
  13. HUD.
  14. Option to increase number of comfort indicator flashes.
  15. Add additional controls to the app.
  16. Autosteer to reengage automatically with basic AP when joining a new lane.
  17. Voice control overhaul so it actually works reliably.

You will always get spam notifications for any motion based security system, it's a fine line where you cut off the detection limits, I would rather have too many alerts and hopefully catch anything bad that did happen to the car than make it less sensitive and possibly miss something. Sentry is another "bonus" feature of the cameras, it was never designed soley as a security system and it's still far better than any other manufacturers standard system I know of.
It should be smart enough to sense if any contact has been made, how long someone is there for and if the owner is in proximity so that you don’t trigger it walking up to your car

If the car waits until contact has been detected you could have missed important footage that the motion sensor would already have picked up, and I'm pretty sure you could "gently" key a car quickly and without making the car move enough to trigger a contact sensor. Agree it should detect the owners proximity, but that is just down to how quickly the phone connects, same way you sometimes approach the car and it's still locked when you try the handle, I think keeping the app open running in the background on your phone helps this.

But the camera is running all the time so if contact is detected then it could include the previous 5 minutes of footage.

I don’t agree with the keying example you give, you’d have to get pretty close to the car to key it. The system should be able to work out that you’re 1mm away from the car and there for longer than a few seconds. But someone who is a meter away and walking past the car shouldn’t trigger an event

Separate out language choice for directions and that for street/city names. Ie. English for directions but using local language (eg. German) for street names. For those of us who live within a few KM’s of 3 countries or who simply travel abroad, it would be nice not to suffer English pronunciation of foreign street/city names. Surely this should be an easy fix, just selecting between language databases?

Reactions: mikeyg_ev
Separate out language choice for directions and that for street/city names. Ie. English for directions but using local language (eg. German) for street names. For those of us who live within a few KM’s of 3 countries or who simply travel abroad, it would be nice not to suffer English pronunciation of foreign street/city names. Surely this should be an easy fix, just selecting between language databases?

In my experience the pronunciation of UK street names in English is quite amusing! Perhaps the first target would be to get those right!

Nope. Only one level. And never park outside a pub. Definitely don't want 73 alerts on my phone :)
There are 2 levels of activation, the one which is people walking around near your car (or bushes in the wind) which doesn't generate a notification and is just recorded for review, and the level that triggers if someone looks to be really doing you harm which then triggers the alarm, plays deafening music and does send you a notification.

There are 2 levels of activation, the one which is people walking around near your car (or bushes in the wind) which doesn't generate a notification and is just recorded for review, and the level that triggers if someone looks to be really doing you harm which then triggers the alarm, plays deafening music and does send you a notification.
Technically there are 3 levels - standby being the one you missed - but they aren't user switchable. So the in terms of the question that I replied to , there is only one choice - to have sentry on or off. Since this is the requested feature thread, then I suppose the request is to be able to trigger only on major threats.

Technically there are 3 levels - standby being the one you missed - but they aren't user switchable. So the in terms of the question that I replied to , there is only one choice - to have sentry on or off. Since this is the requested feature thread, then I suppose the request is to be able to trigger only on major threats.
If we want to see who can be the most pedantic, the original post asked

Isn't there different levels of activation?
Standby isn't a level of activation. There are two levels of activation Alert and Alarm.