Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most requested features/options/improvements for the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well yes, you just have to try and kill someone for that to enable. We'd rather have a warning on the screen or a light on the mirror to let us know someone is there.
That's not enough! A loud strident panicy noise should be sounded when you put on a left turn signal when a car is in your blind spot, The light can be missed if you are not looking at it. Same with the warning on the screen. This feature is found on Mercedes.

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG
Forgot one: Navigation with more than 2 memory slots for addresses. So I can add several named entries - just like every other car.

Would be nice to allow waypoints.

I was driving to a relative's house for Thanksgiving, and I realized we go there about twice a year. In my other car the address is in the address book so I just need to select it. In the Tesla I have to go look it up on my phone - which it turned out I didn't have it in - then type it in. 1diotic behavior for such an advanced car.

You can share a contact or map location in your cell phone with the Tesla app. It then sends the address to the car.

That's not enough! A loud strident panicy noise should be sounded when you put on a left turn signal when a car is in your blind spot, The light can be missed if you are not looking at it. Same with the warning on the screen. This feature is found on Mercedes.
sounds horrible.... what if you are in a multi-lane highway, with multiple lanes available for the coming left turn?
what if you are in busy traffic both ways and the road doesn't have a median strip so the car to your left is going in the other direction?

sounds horrible.... what if you are in a multi-lane highway, with multiple lanes available for the coming left turn?
what if you are in busy traffic both ways and the road doesn't have a median strip so the car to your left is going in the other direction?
At worst, you'd get a warning where it wasn't needed. At best you don't hit the other car. I've used this feature. I like it.

Forgot one: Navigation with more than 2 memory slots for addresses. So I can add several named entries - just like every other car.
I was driving to a relative's house for Thanksgiving, and I realized we go there about twice a year. In my other car the address is in the address book so I just need to select it. In the Tesla I have to go look it up on my phone - which it turned out I didn't have it in - then type it in. 1diotic behavior for such an advanced car.

I take this back. Like others said - Favorites work.
I guess it's a good thing we have a forum :)

Reactions: mybeans
I know I'm in the minority but this is my first car with frameless doors and I hate them in cold weather. My wife hates them even worse. We were both disappointed to see they are in the Model Y also. My trim got damaged on driver side door area because the window wouldn't go down because of the cold. Tesla wont replace and says because I didn't read the "winter tips " section on the website. I'm sorry but that's BS, I'm just trying to use open and close a car door normally. It's a basic function. Needless to say I do preheat the car and use lubricant on the seals and it still happens.

Reactions: mybeans
This is gonna be long...and for the money spent i do feel a bit cheated that it doesnt include basic safety items

1. Cross traffic alert
  2. blind spot indicators on the side mirrors
  3. side mirrors that actually cover the blind spot
  4. android auto/car play/integration with my phone so i can use google assistant
  5. HUD
  6. power trunk lift/close
  7. teen driver mod
  8. paint other than basic colors

First request:
Normal Cruise Control without Traffic Awareness. Preferably with steering wheel button support. Set, Cancel, Restore. Using the buttons is less effort than using the stalk.

TACC is a great addition but for Dutch traffic, 80% of the time it cannot be used (too crowded, too many ppl fighting for tarmac...).

Second request:
Ability to go through iPhone playlists from the GUI. To be clear, I don’t mean Carplay as I know this probably goes against Company policy. Plug in USB, and select playlists from GUI. My Golf 7 without Carplay had this, and it worked great. I know the car has a Spotify account, but my wife and I don’t want to set up a new music library if we already have one on Apple Music.

Attachments

• F0B42AA0-E07A-4F67-BC00-257EA3A6EED9.jpeg
    F0B42AA0-E07A-4F67-BC00-257EA3A6EED9.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 58
I know it is coming but I would like more comprehensive voice commands.
Adjusting the butt warmers doesn't work every time.
It changes the setting for both front seats instead of just changing the driver's seat.
Make available
"Driver side butt warmer to 1" etc