Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most requested features/options/improvements for the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Less wind noise from front windshield. Current level is acceptable but on par with my Honda Fit and nowhere close to my prior BMW/Mercedes experiences. Road noise seems much improved on more recent Model 3 builds.

Include change lanes with turn signal with basic Autopilot. So many more button pushes just to change lanes on the freeway make it a chore. Keep auto lane change, city navigation etc for upgrade FSD.

Auto open trunk with foot sensor.

Improved longer range. Current 300 mile range is great for daily use, as well as Most road trips. But apparently not enough for a round-trip which is needed for many rural areas without Destination charging.

I took a long road trip in my Model 3 for the first time yesterday. I was surprised I missed having grab handles so much. Having always driven Toyotas in the past, I always grabbed the handles unthinkingly whenever I was waiting anywhere. My hand kept grasping for the left handle so many times, only to be disappointed by meeting only air. Not sure it's something an aftermarket accessory could solve either, since it will need to be able to stay attached with a lot of weight pulling on it.

Model 3 Performance order form completed except I am probably not going to send until heated steering wheel is possible and will definitely send upon the ventilated seat option being available.
I was sad to find out heated steering wheel was not an option when I ordered mine.
But being able to preheat the car makes it less important to have heated steering wheel.
On cold days, I turn on the climate control before I get out of the building. And it takes only few minutes for the car to heat up the inside.

Tesla should make those items standard on Performance Dual motor trim. More people will order up.

I was sad to find out heated steering wheel was not an option when I ordered mine.
But being able to preheat the car makes it less important to have heated steering wheel.
On cold days, I turn on the climate control before I get out of the building. And it takes only few minutes for the car to heat up the inside.

Tesla should make those items standard on Performance Dual motor trim. More people will order up.

I completely agree. I'm sure this progressive company will catch up with its growing pains and provide even more features. It is an exciting prospect.

I came from a '16 Camaro 2SS convertible, and although my biggest things missed are V8 growl, manual tranny and droptop, my 4-yr old Chevy had:
1. Heated Steering wheel;
2. HUD;
3. Ventilated Seats;
4. Android Auto; and
5. MRC (Magnetic Ride Control)

(importance probably in reverse-order).

For such an advanced-tech company, you would think these creature-comforts would be easy to produce. My Chevy cost 1/2 as much, btw, and had a much-better paint job.

I still love my M3DP, no gas, maintenance or (thus far) reliability worries, but miss those aspects.

I came from a '16 Camaro 2SS convertible, and although my biggest things missed are V8 growl, manual tranny and droptop, my 4-yr old Chevy had:
2. HUD;
3. Ventilated Seats;
4. Android Auto; and

For such an advanced-tech company, you would think these creature-comforts would be easy to produce. My Chevy cost 1/2 as much, btw, and had a much-better paint job.

I still love my M3DP, no gas, maintenance or (thus far) reliability worries, but miss those aspects.
We will talk about the 1/2 the price tag when the Camaro gets 300 mile range EV drivetrain.

Oh I wish the auto ac/ heating thing would modulate the heat so when it reaches a warm temp it would blow lower hot air instead of cold air to stay at the set temp... It's soooo annoying to get cold air blown on you when you want hot air..

2. HUD;
3. Ventilated Seats;
4. Android Auto; and

Where does a V8 Camaro cost less than 30k? They are 37k for an auto, and that’s not even a comparable model. You are also getting twice the performance.

We were concerned about heated wheel/cooled seats, but remote climate control is actually much better. Don’t miss it at all.

Where does a V8 Camaro cost less than 30k? They are 37k for an auto, and that’s not even a comparable model. You are also getting twice the performance.

We were concerned about heated wheel/cooled seats, but remote climate control is actually much better. Don’t miss it at all.

Just sold my pristine '16 2SS Vert for $27.5k, and paid over $56k for 3P. yes, used vs. new. Again, not bitching, this was a "wish list" thread. 450 lb of torque, 450 hp is pretty comparable with a 3P, and they're both great cars. Real-world range on my 3P is about 200 miles. I love not having to go the pump each week. There are benefits of each, was just offering input on what features I would like to see.
Have a great weekend :)

I'd personally gladly give up 10% of my P3D's range and pay extra for an optional "road silence" package that decreased the overall road noise in the cabin from 74db to 70db or 65db at 70mph. The silence of the electric powertrain is intoxicating and on fresh asphalt under 50mph the car is a dead silent killer. I'd love to have the Mercedes S Class silence treatment at highway speeds and on concrete road surfaces.

My second vehicle is a 2015 F250 diesel and at highway speeds the truck has a lower road noise floor and is more pleasant to listen to music or audio books in. Growing up with nitro and electric RC cars I always envisioned my first electric real car to be silence bliss and it's a bit disappointing that I still to this day enjoy zoning out to an audiobook in my diesel pickup on a road trip over my autopilot enabled electric car due noise floor differences.

Tesla needs to produce a vehicle that gets away from the tin can sound isolation feel, even if offered as a an option that costs more and drives fewer miles. There is a market that puts that experience at a premium.