Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bighorn Just began reading this thread, and like a book skipped to the end......
So, do you have any time to take in America and all her glory while trekking charger to charger? Based on the miles covered per day, it looks not to be the case......but isn't there at least one place that you'd want to hang around and check it out? Or return to post-competition?

Normally, I do these missions on a 9 day, week off from work basis, but this trip is over a month. I've had a chance to hang out with friends and family along the way. Hiked a bit around the Canadian Rockies and Yosemite to the extent they allow dogs. Hot pooled at Banff. Aside from Alberta and British Columbia, these are mostly well-trod areas for me. Quite a bit of desert exposure had us preferring the car when it's 110 degrees out. Hitting farm stands and farmers markets is a nice way to break up days as well as connect with locals. Definitely have found places I'd consider revisiting or even relocating to--it's amazing how much of this continent is awesome beyond words. Thanks for playing along:)

Normally, I do these missions on a 9 day, week off from work basis, but this trip is over a month. I've had a chance to hang out with friends and family along the way. Hiked a bit around the Canadian Rockies and Yosemite to the extent they allow dogs. Hot pooled at Banff. Aside from Alberta and British Columbia, these are mostly well-trod areas for me. Quite a bit of desert exposure had us preferring the car when it's 110 degrees out. Hitting farm stands and farmers markets is a nice way to break up days as well as connect with locals. Definitely have found places I'd consider revisiting or even relocating to--it's amazing how much of this continent is awesome beyond words. Thanks for playing along:)

Yes, its truly an amazing continent and glad to hear its not passing you by. Remember Steinbeck's classic Travels With Charley? Thats what Im envisioning with you & your dog, a modern day version in your Tesla. Have a blast. NW

Reactions: Bighorn
Yes, its truly an amazing continent and glad to hear its not passing you by. Remember Steinbeck's classic Travels With Charley? Thats what Im envisioning with you & your dog, a modern day version in your Tesla. Have a blast. NW

Thanks, one of the most rewarding aspects of this trip has been our dog's evolution. She's a country dog, so the extent of her contact with other dogs is guarding the property. I took her to her first dog park in San Carlos, CA where I was thankful she didn't try to eat any of the other dogs, but she largely hid behind me like a kid's first day at kindergarten. We were joined by a Tesla forum member I'd never met after we'd dined with four other forum regulars, several of whom I'd already met in other parts of the country. So there is human socialization as well.

A couple days later, visiting my daughter on Coronado, I had the opportunity to take Macy to the dog beach a couple mornings. The first day she was well behaved but kept close. By day two she started charging the shore with small packs and competing for tennis balls in the surf. I hated to leave. She made the mistake of drinking sea water, so my visit to La Jolla for lunch with an old college buddy was fraught with concerns for her digestive clean out:)

I see your concern, but I probably hold the "record" for meeting other forum members on their own turf. I'm pretty introverted but this form of travel somewhat forces interaction. I'm not advocating my methods since I'm somewhat hardcore in that I've spent zero nights in a motel. I really like Twain's quote and its pertinent even in one's homeland.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice,
bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Thanks for listening

Thanks so much for the apt comparison. I'd not read it but found a website with quotes from it and this one particularly resonates:

"Once a journey is designed, equipped, and put in process, a new factor enters and takes over. A trip, a safari, an exploration, is an entity, different from all other journeys. It has personality, temperament, individuality, uniqueness. A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us. Tour masters, schedules, reservations, brass-bound and inevitable, dash themselves to wreckage on the personality of the trip. Only when this is recognized can the blown-in-the glass bum relax and go along with it. Only then do the frustrations fall away. In this a journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it."
John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America

I will definitely search out a copy. I brought along 1491 by Charles Mann but it's yet to call my name.

Thanks again!

• Love
Reactions: NikeWings
It's just going to eat you guys alive if you all wind up separated by one or two chargers, isn't it?

Well, that <<tie>> didn't last long...

Congrats again Bighorn.

Only 44 more until you reach the end of the CURRENT North America Supercharger list.
And 13 more Under Construction (known).
And 12 more Permitted (known)

How will you make it to Cuernavaca, Mexico?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.