Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hit 200 today:
197. Kennewick, WA
198. Pendleton, OR
199. Baker City, OR
200. Boise, ID

The Three (200 Club Road Warrior) Amigos:

Sasmania, Bighorn and JSergeant
Congrats to ALL of you for the Dos Equis Achievement!!!

Really admire such motivated and dedicated Road Trippers.

Just after you visit the new Supercharger location in Oregon, a new one in Maine or West Texas pops open.
Or vice versa.
If you wait just a bit longer, Two Hundred will be "old hat", and somebody will soon be ringing in Number 300.

The Three (200 Club Road Warrior) Amigos:

Sasmania, Bighorn and JSergeant
Congrats to ALL of you for the Dos Equis Achievement!!!

Really admire such motivated and dedicated Road Trippers.

Just after you visit the new Supercharger location in Oregon, a new one in Maine or West Texas pops open.
Or vice versa.
If you wait just a bit longer, Two Hundred will be "old hat", and somebody will soon be ringing in Number 300.

Thanks and Congrats to Bighorn for setting the new standard!

Not sure how hard this would be but wouldn't it be cool if you could mark SuperChargers as "visited" on SuperCharge.info and have them change color or something? Then you would have a great visual of where you've been and the ones you've missed. Just what we need, even more motivation to drive everywhere! haha.

See Damien's Supercharger Visit Log

How about we start a little contest for the most Superchargers used. How about the simple rules for each claim of total with a list of those Superchargers visited and used for charging, followed by interesting factoids that you may wish to share? I'll try to keep a summary of the results on this first page.

Latest Standings on the Wiki at Superchargers Visited - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum
Hey! I wanna play too! Here in south Florida I've bagged three so far...That's the home one in Palm Beach, the one in Port St Lucie and the third was over the state in Ft Meyers.

Thanks and Congrats to Bighorn for setting the new standard!

Not sure how hard this would be but wouldn't it be cool if you could mark SuperChargers as "visited" on SuperCharge.info and have them change color or something? Then you would have a great visual of where you've been and the ones you've missed. Just what we need, even more motivation to drive everywhere! haha.
We're cutting our trip short by a day, so I won't be able to add another five to get me to 212 and bring me up to equal with Sasmania. I enjoyed your blog, btw:
How I Used & Abused My Tesla — What a Tesla looks like after 100,000 Miles, a 48 State Road trip…

Look out for me on some more East Coast short trips to get that total over 212!

Hey! I wanna play too! Here in south Florida I've bagged three so far...That's the home one in Palm Beach, the one in Port St Lucie and the third was over the state in Ft Meyers.
Superchargers Visited
Congrats and welcome to the board. Hopefully there are many supercharger stops ahead of you.
Feel free to edit the wiki if you are so inclined; otherwise just keep posting your stops and someone will add them.

Like this?
upload_2016-9-7_13-44-17.png

We're cutting our trip short by a day, so I won't be able to add another five to get me to 212 and bring me up to equal with Sasmania. I enjoyed your blog, btw:
How I Used & Abused My Tesla — What a Tesla looks like after 100,000 Miles, a 48 State Road trip…

Look out for me on some more East Coast short trips to get that total over 212!

Thanks JSergeant for the blog mention! It's been a fun couple of years. The SC competition is heating up! You are right on my tail, and I've got nothing planned :)

Sasmania" said:
YES! So how did you do that???
Painfully.

So, in the interest of not doing it so painfully, I decided to do it the easy way. <hah> Simple, just learn javascript, the Google Maps API, discover what CORS means, give up trying to find the supercharge.info charger database and just remanufacture one using copy and paste, Photoshop up a new icon, and -- "viola" (or is that "cello"?) -- a script that can paint your superchargers-visited list on a supercharge.info-style interactive map. So, if you try this: (URL) you should get something like this...
Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 5.02.29 PM.png
...but you won't, because teslamotorsclub.com doesn't provide the proper CORS responses for your browser to decide this is a safe thing to do. If you use Chrome you can add the "Allow-Control-Allow-Origin" extension which defeats your browser's paranoia and allows this to work. It also seems to break YouTube, so delete it once you're no longer amused by this. I don't know how to do the equivalent on other browsers, and have no intention of figuring that out.

I have a monstrous list of caveats, to wit:
  • The aforementioned CORS problem, which will require this script to somehow be installed at teslamotorsclub.com, or the club webmaster will have to allow cross-site scripting by adding CORS magic.
  • supercharge.info webmaster will need to do the same, plus reveal where his charger database is located -- until then, this script's dabase clone will need to be manually updated every time a new charger comes on line
  • There are various formats that users have chosen to use for their individual lists. I've tried to cater to semicolon-separated lists and comma-separated lists, but with various degrees of success.
  • Simply listing city names is increasingly ineffective. I've allowed substring matching, but ambiguities abound. (There are FOUR Springfields now.) Major list editing will need to take place. I'd recommend "City State, City State, ..."
  • The charger names in supercharge.info are not completely consistent. A few are missing the comma between City and State. Some have (south) and (north) between the City and State, some at the end. Some have state/country names, some not.
  • I haven't actually checked, but I'm confident the charger names in the car are not terribly consistent with those in supercharge.info. I might volunteer to help clean this database up if that would help.
  • If you live in Japan, China, or Spain: I'm sorry, I have no idea how this will behave in the presence of 16-bit characters.
  • If you don't like my nice target icon, submit your own design so we can heap scorn on it too.
  • I wanted to put a drop-down list of all the user names in the table so you could select yourself. Maybe version two.
  • Some other things I can't remember right now...
Let the "constructive feedback" begin! Please make all comments in the form of javaScript code, printed clearly on this handy "all ya gotta do is..." coding form.

Last edited:
19. Blanding UT
20. Farmington NM
21. Gallup NM
22. Holbrook AZ
23. Flagstaff AZ
24. Cordes Lakes AZ
25. Buckeye AZ
26. Gila Bend AZ
27. Yuma AZ
28. El Centro CA
29. San Diego CA
30. Fountain Valley CA
31. Temecula CA
32. Barstow CA
33. Needles CA
34. Kingman AZ

Blanding was a local trip to Natural Bridges National Monument but the rest were from my recent visit to San Diego. Tried to charge at San Juan Capistrano but it had a line of about three cars. Fountain Valley also had a line but I just parked my car across from the stalls and went to dinner with a college friend, the purpose of that side trip, and when I came back at 8 PM there were two spots open. One didn't work with my car (gave initial green but never started, repeatedly) so I moved to the other open stall and finally got enough charge to get back to San Diego. Of interest to me were the large number of brand new cars — no license plates yet — charging at both San Diego and Fountain Valley. One new owner asked me how to work the fob. Also of interest was the fact that I was the only out-of-state plate at any of the Supercharger Stations I visited.

In Arizona and New Mexico I saw only one other car charging, at Gila Bend. In California I didn't visit any empty stations except for Needles. Barstow was nice: the shade from the canopy covered three stalls at the time of day I was there; the third car to arrive chose a paired Supercharger to be in the shade. I also appreciated the shade in El Centro, where the Superchargers are located on the third level of a shopping mall parking structure. Hard to find unless you know where to look, though.

Yes, it is possible to take road trips in an S60.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.