Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please add Lima, MT; Twin Falls, ID; and Boise, ID. I was 32 mi from the Baker City, OR Supercharger when my drive unit failed. I went by Baker City, Pendleton and Kennewick in the Model S on a flatbed. I got a rental car in Kennewick. The flatbed is taking the Tesla to the Portland Supercharger for a drive unit replacement. Tesla had great difficulty getting a flatbed. I had to wait 6 hr for the flatbed to arrive from Kennewick.

Please add Lima, MT; Twin Falls, ID; and Boise, ID. I was 32 mi from the Baker City, OR Supercharger when my drive unit failed. I went by Baker City, Pendleton and Kennewick in the Model S on a flatbed. I got a rental car in Kennewick. The flatbed is taking the Tesla to the Portland Supercharger for a drive unit replacement. Tesla had great difficulty getting a flatbed. I had to wait 6 hr for the flatbed to arrive from Kennewick.
That is very unfortunate. Did you get any kind of warning that something was amiss? How many miles on your drive unit?

Hope they can get your car back to you quickly so you can continue your trip, mostly as originally planned - but Portland OR is not a bad place to be stuck in - lots of sightseeing and hiking possibilities.

I did update your entry.

Interesting coincidence. My drive unit failed at 40,814 miles near Hammett Idaho, exactly 1/2 way between Twin Falls and Boise. I heard a clunk from the rear, felt a gentle jerk and lost all drive power. Everything else on the car functioned normally. I had a great experience with Tesla Roadside Assistance. This happened at about 2:00 PM on Sunday 6/26/16. Roadside Assistance said the car was showing a "motor speed mis-match", which I guess means the speed of the motor and the speed of the car did not match. After about an hour of determining what to do, they sent a taxi to take us to the next large town, Mountain Home, ID where we checked into a motel. At about 7:00 PM, a flatbed showed up at the motel with an ICE rental car and then went back to retrieve the Tesla and take it to the Salt Lake City service center. At 9:00 AM the next day, the service center called to say they had the car. At 2:00 PM, they called and said they replaced the drive unit, it was fixed and where could they deliver it to. By that time, we were near Bend OR. After valiant attempts to figure out how to return the Tesla to us, we all decided it was most reasonable to send it to the Scottsdale Service Center and we would continue the trip in the ICE rental. I say "if you have to break down, do it in a Tesla, the roadside assistance is wonderful."

To keep on topic, please add Las Vegas Town Square, Indio, Cabazon and Twentynine palms to bring my count to 76. Also, I expect to visit 10 more supercharger in the next 8 days on a trip to Santa Maria, CA.

@gnelson
Mine broke on a trip outside Philadelphia . The tow truck never came after an Enterprise rental got dropped off for me on scene. Car got impounded by police and I had to go through hoops to retrieve it the next day, my birthday. So it's all relative;)

Interesting coincidence. My drive unit failed at 40,814 miles near Hammett Idaho, exactly 1/2 way between Twin Falls and Boise. I heard a clunk from the rear, felt a gentle jerk and lost all drive power. Everything else on the car functioned normally. I had a great experience with Tesla Roadside Assistance. This happened at about 2:00 PM on Sunday 6/26/16. Roadside Assistance said the car was showing a "motor speed mis-match", which I guess means the speed of the motor and the speed of the car did not match. After about an hour of determining what to do, they sent a taxi to take us to the next large town, Mountain Home, ID where we checked into a motel. At about 7:00 PM, a flatbed showed up at the motel with an ICE rental car and then went back to retrieve the Tesla and take it to the Salt Lake City service center. At 9:00 AM the next day, the service center called to say they had the car. At 2:00 PM, they called and said they replaced the drive unit, it was fixed and where could they deliver it to. By that time, we were near Bend OR. After valiant attempts to figure out how to return the Tesla to us, we all decided it was most reasonable to send it to the Scottsdale Service Center and we would continue the trip in the ICE rental. I say "if you have to break down, do it in a Tesla, the roadside assistance is wonderful."

To keep on topic, please add Las Vegas Town Square, Indio, Cabazon and Twentynine palms to bring my count to 76. Also, I expect to visit 10 more supercharger in the next 8 days on a trip to Santa Maria, CA.
Wow! I was under the — apparently mistaken — impression that drive train breakdowns were rare. I'm getting noise that I'm guessing is DU related and that I will likely need a replacement eventually. But I assumed that I wouldn't be left stranded by the roadside. Given that it happened to all you road warriors, I don't have much confidence in that assumption any more. Now I wonder if I should even dare to take another road trip again!

It would appear that just keeping an eye on the "Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues" thread is wholly inadequate for tracking the prevalence of serious problems with the Model S.

IMG_1754.JPG
Charging at #350 today at Dows, IA There was some concern about Macy at Charger 300 as she looked like death warmed over. So to assuage any PETA or ASPCA warriors, one can note the joy and vigor which is self-evident on our final day criss crossing the country. Nearly 12,000 miles later and none the worse for wear:)

Please add Reno, NV; Hawthorne, NV, Tonopah, NV and Beatty, NV. When I left the Tonopah Supercharger the front under body panel dropped down. Due to my horrendous experience with road service, I drove home to Las Vegas with it scraping. If I could have found a location open with a lift. I would have removed the panel. A Nye County Deputy Sheriff advised that there were no lifts open between Tonopah and Las Vegas. I also had no AT&T cellular service between Reno and Las Vegas.
It is my belief that the Portland Service Center didn't properly re-secure the panel after they aligned the vehicle.

Wow! I was under the — apparently mistaken — impression that drive train breakdowns were rare. I'm getting noise that I'm guessing is DU related and that I will likely need a replacement eventually. But I assumed that I wouldn't be left stranded by the roadside. Given that it happened to all you road warriors, I don't have much confidence in that assumption any more. Now I wonder if I should even dare to take another road trip again!

It would appear that just keeping an eye on the "Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues" thread is wholly inadequate for tracking the prevalence of serious problems with the Model S.

@dgpcolorado
The milling sound that develops on the pre-ceramic bearing DUs generally are not at risk of stranding. I broke my drive gear which I suspect is more likely in performance models. Don't let fear of failure keep you from enjoying the car. I've been problem free for 80k miles.
Yes, it would be unfortunate if the fear of breakdowns would keep us from road-trips.
Interesting speculation(?) on DU failure rates related to P models.

Please add Reno, NV; Hawthorne, NV, Tonopah, NV and Beatty, NV. When I left the Tonopah Supercharger the front under body panel dropped down. Due to my horrendous experience with road service, I drove home to Las Vegas with it scraping. If I could have found a location open with a lift. I would have removed the panel. A Nye County Deputy Sheriff advised that there were no lifts open between Tonopah and Las Vegas. I also had no AT&T cellular service between Reno and Las Vegas.
It is my belief that the Portland Service Center didn't properly re-secure the panel after they aligned the vehicle.
Updated your entry. Ugh for your service experience.

Sorry for your experience. I know what that's like. I had my alternator go out on a Saturday afternoon in that same location, pre-cellphone days. It took a couple of hours to get to Baker City (I was even passed by a Police vehicle), get a tow truck, hotel, and another day for parts from Portland. I got to Kennewick on Tuesday.

I added #32 and #33 this weekend as I now have all the Michigan Superchargers again with stops at Ludington, MI and Marshall, MI.

Ludington is a bit out of the way (but good if you're traveling along the west side of the state) but the Marshall one is in a very nice location with several good amenities right there and it's super quick to get to off I-94.

I finished my Phoenix/Los Angeles/Santa Maria round trip last week. Please add these supercharger locations to my list:
Rancho Cucamonga, Hawthorne, Redondo Beach, Culver City, Oxnard, Buellton, Burbank, Buena Park, Fountain Valley, Santa Ana
Thank you.

Hi all. Just found this forum and thread and thought I'd add my own list to the challenge. Seems Europe is not represented much on the list yet. My list of SC comes from 3 trips through Europe and driving a total of 175.000 km in 3,5 years of ownership of my TMS. I dont want to edit the list myself so here it goes.

Achern, Affi, Arboga, Arezzo, Aurland, Beaune, Beckenried, Bispingen, Brennero, Brive-la-Gaillarde, Busdorf, Châteauroux, Dietlikon, Dorno, Eindhoven, Emsbüren, Falkenberg, Fano, Forte dei Marmi, Frejus, Ghent, Girona, Gol, Gramschatzer Wald, Hamburg, Hilpolstein, Hirschberg, Hjørring, Irschenberg, Jung, Kamen, Karlstad, Kitzbühel, Kozina, København-Kastrup, Køge, Lampeland, Lier, Ljubljana, Lutterberg, Lyngdal, L'Aldea, Löddeköpinge, Malsfeld, Middelfart, Mogliano Veneto, Monte Ceneri, Mulhouse, Mâcon, Mënsbech, Mücke, Nancy, Narbonne, Nebbenes, Nîmes, Occhiobello, Porsgrunn, Rade, Randers, Rhüden, Rungis, Rødekro, Salzburg, Schaffhausen, Senlis, Slagelse, Sollentuna, Solli, St. Anton, Strasbourg, Stuhr, Sulz-Vöringen, Sundebru, Tarragona, Toulouse, Tysteberga, Uddevalla, Urmond, Valencia, Varazze, Vienna, Villach, Vinje, Åsane and Ödeshôg.

That should bring my total to 85 superchargers visited. 1 has since been removed (Frejus) and 1 is not showing up on the online supercharger map (København-Kastrup), but there are (where?) 2 SC outside the Tesla shop in Copenhagen near Castrup.

On this years trip to Italy I've started taking pictures of all my SC stops. I'll add one from what I think is one of the most interresting SC I've visited so far. The SC in Varazze, Italy is placed at a large yacht port with lots of luxury shops and resturants. At least it gives me a lot to look at while my TMS is charging :)

Varazze SC.jpg

Thanks to anyone adding this to the masterlist and safe driving everyone.

Regards
Bredo

This is England calling - Just seen this thread. I have had my Model S for just over 6 months and done well over 100 superchargers; but I think I have a new record and challenge for you. I have used Superchargers in 11 different countries (another 4 coming in next few months); and here is the kicker, none of my driving is for business, this is all for pleasure and an excuse to go on a roadtrip with no fuel costs. So far a beer in Copenhagen, going for a swim in Zurich and picking up a boat in Barcelona. I have taken a picture of most of my Superchargers and some are in stunning locations, like Lermoos in Austria. When I first had my Tesla there was a way to list time and date of all Superchargers you have visited; I can't find this now - if someone can tell me where it is I can get my accurate list of Superchargers visited.
The Brits have laid down the challenge. ...Oh and before you start thinking a state is the equivalent of a country...there are 48 counties in the UK. :)

Norway here :) I'm not yet on 100+ SC's, but I've charged in 13 countries so far: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Austria and Slovenia. Only a few in Norway and Sweden have been work related, all the other are for pleasure.

Reactions: Bighorn
Hi all. Just found this forum and thread and thought I'd add my own list to the challenge. Seems Europe is not represented much on the list yet. My list of SC comes from 3 trips through Europe and driving a total of 175.000 km in 3,5 years of ownership of my TMS. I dont want to edit the list myself so here it goes.

On this years trip to Italy I've started taking pictures of all my SC stops. I'll add one from what I think is one of the most interresting SC I've visited so far. The SC in Varazze, Italy is placed at a large yacht port with lots of luxury shops and resturants. At least it gives me a lot to look at while my TMS is charging :)

View attachment 237692

Thanks to anyone adding this to the masterlist and safe driving everyone.

Regards
Bredo
You are on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.