Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until we get our M3 we only have the S. However, when the 3 arrives we plan to count unique Superchargers visited in either vehicle. I think my wife was with me on all my Superchargers listed, but she did get one listed that I was not with her. Since we are a team we counted the one she charged at without me. Oh, I just remembered, she was not with me for the San Diego Sorrento Valley (Qualcomm) because I first dropped her off for an appointment a block or two away, then went to charge until she was finished.

Seriously.... do most of you count visits with a single vehicle or all visits?
The owner/driver is the distinguishing factor. We’ve had people rent cars overseas and drive another owner’s vehicle. Same vehicle isn’t something we track though it wouldn’t be hard to guess that one of the top four wins that contest.

Makes sense to count superchargers that way.... but I hope the high count people keep track of the individual cars.... it's kind of neat to think this car has been to 230 superchargers on this continent sort of thing.... I could always buy a Tesla with high mileage that's been all over..... but trying to kidnap @JSergeant so I can impress my friends with the supercharger count may not work so well....

• Funny
Reactions: Graffi
We just finished a road trip to visit friends and old colleagues in Maine, as well as family in New Hampshire and Massachusetts. We did a bit of a circuitous route that allowed us to hit a few extra chargers than were actually required. While in Maine, we stayed at Harraseeket Inn in Freeport. We've stayed there before -- it's a wonderful inn. It's only a very short walk to the superchargers or LL Bean (or most of Freeport, for that matter).

On this trip, we visited 47 new superchargers. We intentionally skipped a few that were in congested areas (example: NYC).

Please add the following to my list. This moves us up the "leader board" with a new total count of 155.

Connecticut: Greenwich North, Darien North, Milford City, Milford North, Manchester, Hartford, West Hartford, Danbury

Delaware: Claymont

Maine: Kennebunk North, Freeport, Augusta, Brewer

Massachusetts: Mansfield, Dedham, Leominster, Boston Allstate Road, Cambridge, Framingham, Auburn, Hadley, West Springfield

New Hampshire: Seabrook, Lincoln, West Lebanon, Hookset

New Jersey: Burlington, Hamilton Township, North Brunswick, Edison, Woodbridge, Jersey City Mall

New York: JFK Airport, Valley Stream, Plainview, Islandia, Southampton, New Rochelle, Yonkers, Tarrytown

Pennsylvania: Moosic, Bloomsburg, Harrisburg, Carlisle, York

Rhode Island: East Greenwich

Vermont: Berlin

Next weekend I will be attending a retirement party for an old colleague up in New Jersey, and will return home via the New Jersey coast and the Cape May ferry. That will add a few more to my total !!!

Of the superchargers listed above, all worked well, although some are better than others:
1. Burlington NJ was by far the worst location: 5 of 8 spots ICEd, with Tesla vehicles charging in the other three spots. We were the only Tesla waiting, and it took about 15 minutes for someone (an ICE) to leave one of the spots. The store was dirty and the restrooms disgusting. Definitely the worst WAWA I've ever seen.
2. Dedham was fun because we were able to speak with one of the Tesla employees. They were delivering lots of Model 3's, and we watched new owners taking pictures and generally having a good time.
3. Darien North has four stalls, but I understand they get ICEd frequently. We arrived to find an empty stall. As I swung my car out to enable backing into the stall, an ICE tried to squeeze in behind me to block my access to the stall. I stopped and we had a staring contest for several minutes before he finally gave up, backed out and moved on.

Reactions: Darren S
3. Darien North has four stalls, but I understand they get ICEd frequently. We arrived to find an empty stall. As I swung my car out to enable backing into the stall, an ICE tried to squeeze in behind me to block my access to the stall. I stopped and we had a staring contest for several minutes before he finally gave up, backed out and moved on.

Depending on if you had your X with you it is a perfect opportunity to hopefully have your vehicle lined up mostly inline with the parking spot but get out of the vehicle and go have a 'chat' with the ICE trying to take your spot. All the while, you have your hand on your fob in your pocket and are summoning it into the space while you hopefully block the ICE by standing next to it. Technology for the win.

Darren S, Thanks for adding the state abbreviations and keeping the list updated. I haven't finalized my Maine trip yet, but I'm tentatively planning on using I-90 and being in Erie PA on 9/10/18. I charged at Somerset, Harrisburg and Allentown on a trip 2 years ago. Coincidentally, I was born in Alliance, Ohio which might be close to you. My family moved to Arizona in 1955.

@AzEd, I had a reminder pop up in my Calendar back on the 9th as a reminder that you might be rumbling through Erie. Unfortunately, I was still out on my road trip (which was supposed to be 1 week earlier or later than it was) so I was somewhere around AZ, UT, and CO on the 10th.

Glad to have you through my part of the world as I was ending my run through your part of the world.

Just returned home after a quick road trip up to New Jersey to attend a party in honor of a retiring old colleague. Stayed overnight, then drove over to and down the coast. Took the Cape May Ferry over to Delaware.

This road trip added three new superchargers to my total. Please add the following to my listing:

Delaware: Lewes
New Jersey: Tinton Falls, Egg Harbor Township

As noted in other threads, Egg Harbor Township still has problems. It showed up first as "reduced service" on my center screen, and then "out of service" (or similar words). When I arrived I tried a couple of the pedestals and only got the red ring. But pedestal 1 seems to work OK.

At Lewes, stalls 4A/4B are down. I plugged in there first and got the red ring. Another Tesla owner who had just finished charging came over to tell me that he had problems with these pedestals earlier also. I switched to 1A and had good service there.

I telephoned Tesla to inform/remind them of these issues. They have known of the Egg Harbor problem. The Lewes problem was just reported to them this morning, so my call was the second notification about the problem there.

To make the road trip even better, after charging at Lewes, I went over to Dogfish Head Brewery to sample some of their offerings !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.