TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Most Superchargers Visited

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by Cottonwood, Dec 20, 2013.

1. theflyer

theflyer Member

Calling all supercharger hunters, @charliepmayer is organizing a Golden Spike ribbon cutting at the Fort Stockton Texas supercharger on February 9. I'm making the trek from VA. Surely, someone else from our little competition is up for a road trip too.

Current details: Supercharger - Fort Stockton, Texas

Hope to see some of you there.

• Like x 4
  2. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

Just updated the spreadsheet and the wiki to match what my History page at Tesla says.

Is there any reason not to write a script that parses that page and populates the spreadsheet directly? It would help newbs like I was until today. Oddly my visits this week to Henderson and Las Vegas don't show in my history, so I credited myself with those anyway. Wonder if I have been to other sites that I didn't get billed for. I guess I mostly remember the 10 months I've been driving a Tesla.

-Randy

3. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

You can give it a try. I don't have a payment-history page.

4. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Active Member

That's a VERY good point. I am curious about how many years they may keep those pages. It could end up getting VERY long. My bank only keeps the last year.

-Randy

5. charliepmayer

charliepmayer Member

Golden Spike Ceremony:

As of this morning I show the commitments below. Anybody else? Any changes?

Ft Stockton 4:30 Feb 9th: charliepmayer, TaoJones, jplasmd, theflyer, DavidB, BeteNoire,

Limpia 7:00 Feb 9th: charliepmayer, TaoJones, DavidB, theflyer, BeteNoire

Marfa noon, Feb 10th: charliepmayer, DavidB

Please add to your calendar: 2019 Tesla EV Rally - Far West Texas, August 16-19

6. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

I’ll be there today I think

7. charliepmayer

charliepmayer Member

Golden Spike Ceremony: Two week notice!

Ft Stockton ceremony 4:30 Feb 9th, 7 cars, 13 people:
    charliepmayer (1), TaoJones (2), jplasmd (2), theflyer (2), DavidB (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (2)

Hotel Limpia Dinner 7:00 Feb 9th, 6 cars, 14 people:
    charliepmayer (4), TaoJones (2), DavidB (2), theflyer (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (2)

Marfa noon photo shoot Feb 10th, 3 cars, 8 people:
    charliepmayer (4), DavidB (2), nwdiver (2)

And a nice "maybe" from Mark Brazelton, our Tesla SC expert!

Any more updates? If not I will pass the above head count to the hotel, newspapers, and C of C.

8. charliepmayer

charliepmayer Member

Golden Spike Ceremony:

corrected today:

Ft Stockton ceremony 4:30 Feb 9th, 6 cars, 10 people:
    charliepmayer (1), TaoJones (2), jplasmd (2), theflyer (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (1)

Hotel Limpia Dinner 7:00 Feb 9th, 5 cars, 11 people:
    charliepmayer (4), TaoJones (2), theflyer (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (1)

Marfa noon photo shoot Feb 10th, 2 cars, 5 people:
    charliepmayer (4), nwdiver (1)

9. theflyer

theflyer Member

There is a decent chance we will go down to Marfa with ya'll. It looks like US90 will take me straight from Marfa to the Van Horn supercharger. It looks like Fort Stockton -> Fort Davis -> Marfa -> Van Horn is about 190 miles, which shouldn't be a problem range wise as long as I get a 90+% charge in Fort Stockton or have an opportunity to get some electrons in Fort Davis or Marfa.

10. charliepmayer

charliepmayer Member

Hotel Limpia has 2 HPWCs.

• Like x 1
  11. charliepmayer

charliepmayer Member

trying this again:

Ft Stockton ceremony 4:30 Feb 9th, 8 cars, 14 people
    charliepmayer (1), TaoJones (2), jplasmd (2), theflyer (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (1), Behind (2), kavyboy (2)

Hotel Limpia 7:00 Feb 9th, 7 cars, 15 people
    charliepmayer (4), TaoJones (2), theflyer (2), BeteNoire (2), nwdiver (1), Behind (2), kavyboy (2)

Marfa noon photo shoot, Feb 10th, 5 cars, 11 people
    charliepmayer (4), nwdiver (1), Behind (2), kavyboy (2), theflyer (2)

(I think I got it right this time - but maybe not :))

12. theflyer

theflyer Member

@tes-s @BlueShift @Darren S et al.

I think the Alpharetta supercharger north of Atlanta should be removed from supercharger.info and marked as closed for this competition.

The location now clearly states that the two urban chargers are for use by the Service Center only. I did plugin to confirm whether they turn off the chargers; you can still pull power but it seems clear they no longer want people showing up to charge off hours.

IMG_20190203_211523.jpg

13. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

The way I read that sign is that it’s for service center use during the day and available after hours.

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  14. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

@theflyer, I concur with @Bighorn and the sign merely seems to indicate that the Service Center has preference during the day / during those hours. This is identical to the Grande Ave Service Center in Chicago when I visited in May 2018 (photos attached).

I say until Tesla removes a supercharger from the Nav screen (like they did with Lyndhurst, OH Service Center) then it should still be a viable location for the game.

Chicago_01.jpg

Chicago_02.jpg

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  15. theflyer

theflyer Member

Now looking at that sign the next morning, I agree with you too. I think I was focused on the "only" last night. Funny how last night it seemed crystal clear to me that it was meant the other way. I agree it is similar to the Chicago SC, which I've also used.

This location is not on my Nav however. Is it on anyone elses? Lyndhurst wasn't on my Nav when I visited it either.

16. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

Bugger, that was my go-to on how to decide if it should be an included location or not. Maybe we just use our collective voting from folks who have visited as the deciding factor.

There are also some Parking Garages with limited hours of operation (Chicago and NYC at least) with urban superchargers which need to be handled in an opposite manner (visit during the day instead of 3 am) unlike Alpharetta.

Either way, I'll try to plan my next road trip down that way so I can count if before it is removed from the contest.

17. Graffi

Graffi Member

This is just a "FUN" game, all on the honor system, so I say that if you visited, and used, any Supercharger that anyone else can use, even at limited hours, it should still be counted.

Heck, I have been waiting for more of the San Diego Supercharger locations to go online before I make a circuit to get them all (other than Qualcomm which I already visited) on a single drive. Maybe only 5 minutes each, depending on how busy they are. Now that Fashion Valley Mall is open, I am waiting on the one in Del Mar Heights to open so I can get all 5 of them so I can jump up the list. Our next scheduled trip is not until March. Oh, wait, that is next month!!! My, how time flys.

18. theflyer

theflyer Member

I'm okay with it remaining in the competition as long as it is findable somehow (supercharger.info in this case) and accessible to anyone if they follow published instructions. The Cleveland location didn't meet these requirements but Lyndhurst did as do the terribly hard to access garages in lower Manhattan. So, as long as the Alpharetta SC continues to allow after hour access and the site remains on supercharger.info I say we keep it. It sort of becomes a badge of honor location that way.

We should start a list of thet most difficult/interesting locations and track who's got them all. I can think of about 10-15 that I'd put on the list.

19. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

Several of the Mexican chargers went to daytime only hours, so they’d make the list for more reasons than one!

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  20. charliepmayer

charliepmayer Member