Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you remember your first supercharging experience! If you know which one and the month-year you were there, we can update that supercharger visit date.
I just found pictures when I charged alongside Elon in Blanding, UT back in March of 2014. My earliest recorded visits on the forum are listed as 8/1/2014. I had been traveling extensively the previous year, but I don't have all the dates or even know which SCs I visited. I filled in a few based on photographs on my phone. Let's just let @JSergeant believe he was dominating back then:)

This might help. These are all the ones that existed in December of 2013... :)
upload_2019-5-2_17-33-29.png

• Informative
Reactions: Bighorn and MarcoRP
Is that a “historic map” or is it an old screen capture?
On the supercharge.info map page, you can click Map Options and then Way Back. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work now (perhaps it broke during the recent map change), but back when it worked it would show you how the supercharger network grew over time. You could speed up or slow down the pace, and maybe even pause on a certain date as in this screen cap.

• Informative
Reactions: IT Geek and MarcoRP
On the supercharge.info map page, you can click Map Options and then Way Back. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work now (perhaps it broke during the recent map change), but back when it worked it would show you how the supercharger network grew over time. You could speed up or slow down the pace, and maybe even pause on a certain date as in this screen cap.
You can use Tableau to see the state of the network at any time. On the 1st tableau tab called "Most Superchargers Visited Maps" you will see a date field in the list of facets to the right of the map. It is called "Day of Open Date". Click the date and it will pop-open a list of dates. Select the date you want to see and the map will filter to show you all of the superchargers that were open as of that dates. Alternatively, you can use the forward and back buttons to cycle through the list one open date at a time. Unfortunately, the web version does not allow you to "play" this from start to finish like is possible in the desktop version.

You can also drag the slider bar that is right below the date field.

wayback.JPG

Is that a “historic map” or is it an old screen capture?

Supercharge.info used to allow you to run a feature where it would populate the map with the SC's as they were installed. So I used that to grab some old versions. However, I've been keeping my own screenshots of the site for a couple years now...so I've got several of both.

Not sure if SC.info still has that feature...as the map is the part of the website that costs him the most money.

[from posts I added elsewhere]
I had recently gotten 12.1.1 so I was hoping to test the speed of the Supercharging. Drove all the way from the cabin so I would be empty when I got there. I drove home to my Supercharger and got the 145+kW charge rate, 2-80% in just over 30 minutes, 256 miles added.

model-3-150kw-supercharging-jpg.403177

Now I wonder if there isn't gonna be a way for those of us Supercharger Hunters to turn OFF the battery pre-heat as we head to a touch-and-go. Not sure how much power it wastes in heating the battery, but if I don't need to waste it I would prefer not.

-Randy

• Informative
Reactions: theflyer
[from posts I added elsewhere]<snip> Now I wonder if there isn't gonna be a way for those of us Supercharger Hunters to turn OFF the battery pre-heat as we head to a touch-and-go. Not sure how much power it wastes in heating the battery, but if I don't need to waste it I would prefer not.

Easy, @Randy Spencer, you have out outsmart the computer. Just plot a destination 50 miles beyond your intended stop and I doubt it will start warming the battery a full hour before arrival.

I'm trying to battle the Tesla Techs to get my battery replaced now that I have ~15% degradation on my 90D (296 miles new to 254 miles now). It's v1 of the battery pack which is capped / limited to 95 kW max charging rate and even then it barely maintains that for more than a few minutes before dropping sharply. I haven't seen 118 kW rates since nearly 3 full years or 110,000 miles ago.

Easy, @Randy Spencer, you have out outsmart the computer. Just plot a destination 50 miles beyond your intended stop and I doubt it will start warming the battery a full hour before arrival.

I'm trying to battle the Tesla Techs to get my battery replaced now that I have ~15% degradation on my 90D (296 miles new to 254 miles now). It's v1 of the battery pack which is capped / limited to 95 kW max charging rate and even then it barely maintains that for more than a few minutes before dropping sharply. I haven't seen 118 kW rates since nearly 3 full years or 110,000 miles ago.
That 90D battery pack was such a nightmare. Not having to deal with it anymore was a real silver lining when I totaled mine lol.

After 69k miles I am experiencing similar degradation in my S100D, but it started with 337 rated miles (and it was really more like 340 rated miles because for some reason you could drive 3-4 miles before it would drop to 336). I haven't maxed out my battery in a while, but I think my 100% is around 318 (and no longer exhibiting the strange behavior where you can drive a few miles without dropping down to 317).

But man, I must say it is nice to have the battery at 200 rated miles and still be pulling 100kW at a supercharger. My only complaint is that it does drop off quickly after that, seemingly moreso than the 90D did. Then again the 90D would have only been pulling 70-80kW at 65% full so maybe it just drops off to the same state. Also when you plug the 100D in at a high SOC, it often charges at an extremely low rate. Like say plug in at 70% SOC and you only get 35kW or something. Of course it is rare that you'd want to plug into a supercharger at 70%, so this isn't that big a deal.

That 90D battery pack was such a nightmare. Not having to deal with it anymore was a real silver lining when I totaled mine lol.

After 69k miles I am experiencing similar degradation in my S100D, but it started with 337 rated miles (and it was really more like 340 rated miles because for some reason you could drive 3-4 miles before it would drop to 336). I haven't maxed out my battery in a while, but I think my 100% is around 318 (and no longer exhibiting the strange behavior where you can drive a few miles without dropping down to 317).

But man, I must say it is nice to have the battery at 200 rated miles and still be pulling 100kW at a supercharger. My only complaint is that it does drop off quickly after that, seemingly moreso than the 90D did. Then again the 90D would have only been pulling 70-80kW at 65% full so maybe it just drops off to the same state. Also when you plug the 100D in at a high SOC, it often charges at an extremely low rate. Like say plug in at 70% SOC and you only get 35kW or something. Of course it is rare that you'd want to plug into a supercharger at 70%, so this isn't that big a deal.

Thanks, @PLUS EV, and I'll take any of those scenarios: max range close to 300 miles again, 100-120 kW charging power again, >70 kW charging power over 50% SOC ...

I'm sure it is a looooong slow battle but at least my local Service Center is somewhat working with me about it but if it happens before the end of the year I will be surprised. Maybe @Bighorn has some tips on how he was able to get a replacement of his 85 battery pack although I don't want to get stranded like if that is what it takes. I don't mean to steal the thread since the discussion is on the "90D battery pack degradation" thread so ... back to your regular program.

Thanks, @PLUS EV, and I'll take any of those scenarios: max range close to 300 miles again, 100-120 kW charging power again, >70 kW charging power over 50% SOC ...

I'm sure it is a looooong slow battle but at least my local Service Center is somewhat working with me about it but if it happens before the end of the year I will be surprised. Maybe @Bighorn has some tips on how he was able to get a replacement of his 85 battery pack although I don't want to get stranded like if that is what it takes. I don't mean to steal the thread since the discussion is on the "90D battery pack degradation" thread so ... back to your regular program.
For the record, I'm no longer hitting 118-119kW with my S100D, but I am still hitting ~110kw frequently so no complaints there, especially after the 90D experience. We will see what happens with the new software updates. Just saw someone with an X100D reporting 124kW so I am hopeful.

• Informative
Reactions: Darren S
Status
Not open for further replies.