Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Most Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done, IT Geek. I think I'm chasing you across the same route but a little behind as I did a segment around Denver and the Rockies first.

I'm having a blast.

That's awesome. I went through Denver and the Rockies last year after I left Custer...it's absolutely beautiful there...but then I headed back home. This time around I decided to keep going all the way to California.

I'm headed south later today (after my tour)...I may miss some SC's in the middle of CA as I'm going to drive down the Pacific Coast Highway instead. Although I'll definitely be swinging in to the 40 stall one (Kettleman) just to check that out.

Reactions: EdA
69's a crowded place. You're updated.

Thank you, sir... Alright, now that I'm more awake...let me get out of the crowd at 69.

Lovelock, Reno, Stateline (Lake Tahoe) in Nevada. I highly recommend heading this way if time permits. Even in the rain the views along the way here were awesome.

Then in California:
Truckee-Brockway and Truckee-Donner Pass, Rocklin (where I got my headlight fixed that died on the way across SD...the 50 mph wind and rain storm might have had something to do with that), Roseville, Folsom-Iron Point, Folsom-Palladio, Sacramento, Vacaville, Fairfield, Napa (didn't drink any Merlot), Concord. That should be 83 now.

Lately I've been surprised by the number of cars from California using the SC's out here. It makes me wonder if the folks are using them as daily charging (like bringing you cell phone to the store to charge it) or if they are all travelling too... I want to say it feels more like the first one...

Is there a way to view this fabled list? I went back about 10 pages, but haven't seen it or a link to it.

Put me down in the novice level — just 21 superchargers so far. Hey, you've got to start somewhere, right?

1. Lafayette
2. Aurora
3. Chicago - Canal St.
4. Kingsland
5. Merrillville
6. Fishers
7. Rolling Meadows
8. Bollingbrook
9. Indianapolis
10. London
11. Asheville
12. Greenville
13. Columbia
14. Savannah
15. Lake City
16. Atlanta
17. Chattanooga
18. Cookeville
19. St. Joseph
20. Marshall
21. Ann Arbor

Reactions: David99
I swear, the Bay area of California just drains me. First the traffic is horrible and second, I don't think anyone that owns a Tesla in this part of the country has ever heard of at home charging.... Alright enough ranting...all tings considered I did have a great day as the factory tour was just amazing. I could have spent another 3 hours there on the tour if they would have let me. It went by so fast. Things were jumping on the S and X production but we did not get that close to the M3 lines to see how things were there. Anyway here's the haul from today...again all in CA.

Dublin, Fremont Boulevard, Fremont Factory, Cupertino (has a dude babysitting the charging station), Sunnyvale, Mountain View (Hello Google), San Mateo-Park Place (never again will I ever use this one), San Mateo-Bridgepoint (same goes for this one), Seaside, Salinas. Six away from 100 now.

The journey south continues tomorrow... Here's my new favorite pic of my car.

upload_2018-5-22_23-53-47.png

I swear, the Bay area of California just drains me. First the traffic is horrible and second, I don't think anyone that owns a Tesla in this part of the country has ever heard of at home charging....

If you went from Concord (the day before) to Dublin you passed within a few miles of me...why didn't you stop by? I could have showed you my car charging in my garage! :D

You really hit all those Bay Area superchargers in one day? Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Bruce.

If you went from Concord (the day before) to Dublin you passed within a few miles of me...why didn't you stop by? I could have showed you my car charging in my garage! :D

You really hit all those Bay Area superchargers in one day? Makes me tired just thinking about it.

Bruce.

The unicorn of a Bay Area Tesla owner with home charging. :)

It's helps that I was still on Michigan time when I was out there... I got up at 5AM and beat some of the crowds. The ones in the Sacramento area were easy (the day before)...and truthfully so were the ones in LA that i went to the next day.

One of the coolest things I learned about when I was out there was from one of the ladies at the Tesla Fremont factory. She showed me how to use the Google Maps Timeline feature. It gives you a very "big brother" type view of your travels in a day. It's not entirely perfect (sometimes it misses stops and sometimes it adds ones I didn't make) but it does a very good job of tracing your route throughout a city. This is my day in the bay area... The worst choice I made was driving across the Golden Gate bridge (and back). I wanted to get some video of that...but it was so darn overcast/foggy that it didn't matter anyway...and it took me about 2 hours to get there... Yeah, very tiring indeed...but thankfully my car has AP2, so in traffic I just set it on and let it creep the car forward for me.

upload_2018-5-24_21-11-26.png

I've got you at 93 after the 10 you just posted. Did I/you miss one?

It was me. I had to skip one because it was out of service...but I didn't remove it from my counts. That means my #100 changes a bit...which I did try to plan...but I'm good with how things worked out.

So let's start things off right... (94) Monterey, Harris Ranch, Kettleman - This place is cool, glad I swung over to stop here, well that and the fact that the PCH was closed past Big Sur sort of forced my hand anyway, then Buttonwillow, Bakersfield, Santa Clarita, (100) Burbank, Glendale, Hawthorne, Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, Cabazon.

I made better choices that day... Didn't go to SC's that showed they were full on the touchscreen and got in to LA at around 7PM which helped since I was trying to go in while most were trying to get out. But that means I didn't come anywhere close to getting all the ones in the LA area...and I'm OK with that...I left town feeling much better than I did leaving the Bay Area.

Now the next day (today).
Started at 5:28 in Indio (CA). Then in Arizona, Quartzsite, Buckeye, Phoenix (Camelback), Scottsdale, Phoeniz (Agua Fria), Cordes Lakes, Sedona - Interesting thing here...I would probably never have gone to this place had Tesla not installed chargers here (a bunch of the new urban style ones as shown in the picture below) but this was easily my favorite stop of the day. Flagstaff (took the back roads out of Sedona, beautiful drive), Holbrook.

upload_2018-5-24_21-57-6.png

Then in New Mexico
Gallup and Albuquerque....which is where I am now. Still 1556 miles from home according to Google. I think I'm going to need a break from my vacation when I get back home. This is getting exhausting...I'm already up over 5000 miles on this trip now...but the car is doing amazing....as we would expect.

@IT Geek
Is it too late to go back to Downey? :)
The canyon road north of Sedona is amazing.

When I left Sedona I took Highway 179 North to Highway 89A, and you are absolutely right, it is amazing. I had to shut off the Tesla voice NAG-ivation as it kept wanting me to turn around for the first five or so miles (please turn now....please turn now).

I still have one of my GoPro cameras mounted on my windshield and I had it on for most of that drive.

I'm getting a late start at things today...my alarm actually had to wake me up. My car can definitely recharge it's batteries faster than I can....and it holds more juice than I can too. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Bighorn and bmah
Status
Not open for further replies.