TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Motor Authotity First Drive

Discussion in 'News' started by MDR, Jul 28, 2008.

1. SByer

SByer '08 #383

The point about visibility is interesting. Given my car history (MR2, 911 ragtop), it seems "normal" to me, but it should be well taken by those used to something larger. you will need to think about what you see and who can (maybe not) see you.

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

They used the same "go-go-go" and "squirt through traffic" clichés that I used in my mini review.

3. graham

graham Active Member

With regards to visibility: That was something that I had issue with as well. Even though my current car is roughly the same size as the Roadster, the visibility is not so great in comparison.

Ordinarily, I would be happy to give up the weight and complexity of powered side mirrors - but I found myself missing the ease of being able to "joystick" them around to get a better view. It isn't a deal breaker by any means, but it is noticeable.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Some great driving descriptions. The bar is set pretty high.

5. MDR

MDR Member

#6 MDR, Jul 28, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
    One of the conmmenters who drives an Elise recommends the Multivex Mirrors to help with the visibility issue. It will probably be one my first accesories.

6. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

There was a post on this site a while back about properly adjusting your mirrors that was EXTREMELY helpful. Can't find it right now but perhaps a moderator could ...

7. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

#8 malcolm, Jul 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
    Hint: just type the word Mirrors into the search facility at the top of the page.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/cars-transportation/1217-how-do-you-adjust-your-side-mirrors.html

Ha!

8. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

still learning all of the little intricasies of the site. Thanks for the tip.