TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Motor replacement in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by ikbs, Sep 12, 2016.

1. ikbs

ikbs New Member

I'm sure some of you may have experience noise coming from your Model S motor. I'm about bring my car back to the dealers in Hong Kong for a service and look into the motor noises. Someone did mention to me about refitting the original wheels back onto the car before bringing it back. Does anyone have experience with that ? The service rep mentioned the team will look into the noises before deciding/ordering the motor from the states. Do I have to refit the original wheels upon the first checkup? or I can refit the OEM wheels when the motor arrives (which takes approx. 2 months after the first visit)

any help is appreciated.

Thanks !

2. ediot

ediot Member

Common sense says that's not necessary at all. BUT, seeing how Tesla HK service is at the moment, the last thing you want is dropping yoy car there for three days then calling up to find they haven't decided Rio work in it since you don't have the stock wheels, or some other non sense.

Given the particular Hong Kong Tesla situation, swapping the wheels back first would eliminate one thing that they might blame.

3. ikbs

ikbs New Member

true, agree ! Thanks !

4. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Tesla doesn't have a dealer.
    Have you considered that Tesla know now that you've posted here, and that the data in the car shows, that you have been using unmatched wheels? That would void the warranty on the DU.

5. AnubisDenko

AnubisDenko Member

How would they know who he is ? I assume his real name won't be ikbs.