Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor Trend live at Gigafactory with Model 3 today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding is that the portion of the Gigafactory they currently have under construction is only 1/10 of the final factory. They will build further modules as need arises. Perhaps the Gigafactory 1 title is in reference to this being the first of 10 modules to the site.

Dan

If anyone is on social media with Motor Trend, could you have them take some measurements of the length and width and settle the question (or at least take a perfect side profile shot with something for reference in size)?
Upon closer inspection it was reported that the Model 3 is actually 23% shorter than the Model S, even shorter yet than what Elon Musk had mentioned prior to the unveiling. At that point a Tesla PR rep fired back, "You have to measure it from the base!"

Yeah! Another pic of a 3...:)

Which of course is clearly posted on the sign, NOT TO SHARE...
Ha, yeah, first thing I noticed is the sign saying not to share pictures. Looks great in silver.

I'm counting down until someone makes comment about the nose...3...2..1...:p

One thing I just noticed, that I hadn't before is that the fender actually has two creases, one from the tip of the back of the headlight and then one closer in towards the hood opening. Was it always like that? I'm sure it probably was, but didn't notice before.

Tesla-Model-3-at-Gigafactory-1.jpg

Last edited:
The author of that article is a pretentious douche. "we iPhoned Tesla’s PR department" lol seriously?

+1

Another reason why I do not like Motor Trend. They achieved acceleration times with the MS P90DL nobody else in the world was able to achieve. They gave Tesla a reason to state false acceleration times (rollout scam).

I think MT is a little bit to much in bed with the industry. I am not surprised they get a private date with the Model 3...