Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor Trend's Take on the Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With today's updates, black 20's are an option on the LR AWD. Curiously, the Performance edition no longer showing a 20 inch option. But hey, these things keep changing, right?

By black wheels do you mean this color? They look deep, dark grey to me. And I also noticed that the 20" version were no longer an option, and that 21" is the standard. I don't mind at all!
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 10.22.35 AM.png

They are, indeed. My only question is how much worse half an inch less sidewall (compared to the 19”) is, when talking about ride quality and pot holes. The 19” are already smaller (sidewall) than my current car...
i have the same concerns, especially since the tires on both are the same outside diameter, it's all reduction of sidewall.

With today's updates, black 20's are an option on the LR AWD. Curiously, the Performance edition no longer showing a 20 inch option. But hey, these things keep changing, right?
interesting. i went in to see that for myself. i didn't order performance but since i ordered last month my wheels have changed twice along with the price. so i check it once in a while to see what other changes happen without me knowing or asking. part of the adventure apparently

Reactions: NY_Rob
My order originally came with the 20" performance rims and was recently changed to 21 uberturbines. Whatever Tesla is recommending for the performance model will work for me. I only need to ensure that 20" non staggered rims bolt over the brakes as I will not be running the 21" low profile staggered through snow. If the 20" do work for a set on winters I hope they come out with 20" abusive rims like the gemini winter package they did for the 3. Throw one winter in the back for long summer trips as a spare, with lifting pucks, and we are good to go. Switch them around twice a year and lube the calipers when we do. That, cabin filters and checking brake fuel is a long list of maintenance ;-). Any insight about 20" working for the performance would be appreciated. It originally came with 20's so logically one would conclude they will? With the 255 10" wide format a 4" side wall will work fine.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kirbster