Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor Week tests 90DL at only 4.0 and 12.4!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the article link which is just a copy of the TV version I just watched.
They could only get the P90DL to 60mph in 4.0 and 12.4 in the quarter.
Thats P85 NO D speed.

MW did say their track is old and you heard tire chirps, but they always say their track is old as of late.
Their track has also NOT affected other cars factory stats v their stats comparatively when I watch

2016 Tesla P90D | MotorWeek
Whats the deal... 2.6 v 4 is sooo far off Granted no one has even gotten Tesla claimed 2.6 yet, but somewhat close for some.

Thats P85 NO D speed.

MW did say their track is old and you heard tire chirps, but they always say their track is old as of late.
Their track has also NOT affected other cars factory stats v their stats comparatively when I watch

Whats the deal... 2.6 v 4 is sooo far off Granted no one has even gotten Tesla claimed 2.6 yet, but somewhat close for some.

That's 85/90D territory. Methinks they have the wrong car ;)

They said they had problems with the track and with traction control (no details provided). I also noticed that the driver display showed only 70 miles range left while they were filming the inside shot at the track. Not the best way to get a good run.

If the range WAS low, that can kill the performance as it did often in my S85.
Another thing I notice, they LOVE Caddys and most gas cars, although they often say electric is the future.
But how can you NOT question your own results MotorWeek, when its 30% LESS than the manufacturers numbers and other publications.

It would just appear that they didn't care too much to figure out what they were doing wrong...most likely just using default settings

So while our dreams did not come true, we achieved a still quick 4.0-seconds to 60, and 12.4 in the ¼ at 114 miles-per-hour. Short of the 2.6-second 0-60 that it’s supposedly capable of, but maybe it’s a good thing it’s not that easy to do.

It's been a long time since I've seen this show but they used to be known for not coming close on their performance testing. If Car and Driver got a Mustang GT to 60 in 5 seconds, Motor Week would test it at 6.5 (just a hypothetical, but that's the type of discrepancies you'd see with their testing vs. the real car journalists' testing).

I don't think I'd call them idiots. They are well intentioned. Just very, very, very old school. Stuck in the 70's. I hate to admit it, but I actually do still watch the damn show. Usually when falling asleep or Sunday morning when somewhat still asleep. And I can say that the track they use looks like sh-t and I can imagine that tires can't hook up on it. Plus they always seem to blame performance on the track being too cold. Gee...find another...

I don't think I'd call them idiots. They are well intentioned. Just very, very, very old school. Stuck in the 70's. I hate to admit it, but I actually do still watch the damn show. Usually when falling asleep or Sunday morning when somewhat still asleep. And I can say that the track they use looks like sh-t and I can imagine that tires can't hook up on it. Plus they always seem to blame performance on the track being too cold. Gee...find another...

P90D reaches 60 mph in ~120 feet. They couldn't find 120 feet of good asphalt? Incompetence seems appropriate.

Thats P85 NO D speed.

I don't mind if someone tries something and fails. I even don't mind if they publish it. But it shows how weak they are that they published a failure without trying a little tiny bit harder. How hard is it to charge it and turn on the fast options? Any Tesla aficionado would know exactly how to do this. They are failures because they aren't Tesla aficionados or hired one to explain the simple stuff to them.