Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor Week tests 90DL at only 4.0 and 12.4!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many keep missing the point. One of THE BIGGEST aspects of the Tesla is it's track times.
And 30 to 50% SLOWER is redonk. And NO, it's not just because of their track. They tested the Corvette, and many other muscle cars MOTOR TREND TESTED ARE VERY CLOSE to their estimated times.
AND THOSE ARE REAR WHEEL DRIVE CARS.
Tesla has ALL FOUR WHEELS MOVING, so traction should be LESS of a problem, and a PLUS for Tesla, regardless if everything else is equal.

I'd want to know the conditions under which they did the test. If the battery didn't have a good charge, the car would be limiting output and performance would suffer. They also may not have turned on all the features for best performance. Something smells here because while the advertised 2.8s has been difficult for many people to achieve (though some claim to have done so), this is the worst 0-60 for a P90DL I've heard about. It tells me something was amiss with the variables.

And NO, it's not just because of their track. They tested the Corvette, and many other muscle cars MOTOR TREND TESTED ARE VERY CLOSE to their estimated times.

They tested the Corvette recently? Again, they make some mention of the track being slippery in nearly every review of a performance car.

I'm not sure why this is such a concern. We know the car is capable of more. People have recorded faster times than this. One outlet had some difficulty on a slippery track. Big deal.