Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motorcycle high fives my passenger mirror...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in the carpool lane yesterday with traffic stop and go. A motorcyclist splitting lanes decides to high five my passenger side mirror. Anyone know of aftermarket replacement skullcaps I can get right away?

Attachments

• 20220304_175523.jpg
    20220304_175523.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 278
  • 20220304_210628.jpg
    20220304_210628.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
This is the part number, already paint matched. You could contact Tesla to get a price, or put a search on eBay for when one comes available.

1495594-11-ASKULL CAP, EXT.MIRROR, RH MY PEARL WHITE

There is also this listing on ebay, but I doubt these are OEM, and it is for a pair

Reactions: preilly44
This is the part number, already paint matched. You could contact Tesla to get a price, or put a search on eBay for when one comes available.

1495594-11-ASKULL CAP, EXT.MIRROR, RH MY PEARL WHITE

There is also this listing on ebay, but I doubt these are OEM, and it is for a pair

Yeah I contacted them yesterday and it was $38 but would need to wait til next week. I was looking to see if there was an aftermarket option I could go with that uses the factory clips and I can expedite shipping.

The better question is why he was mad.

There must have been something between you two that provoked him prior to this incident.

California bikers can legally ride the road lines between traffic and if they feel you didn't give them enough room they can get into a hissy fit. Gawd help you if you drive a wider profile vehicle with extended mirrors.

The better question is did you manage to get his plate with the dashcams too? Make a police report. If this guy on his yellow Ninja with the same jacket/helmet combo does it to you he has probably done it to other cars. He needs to be held accountable if possible.
No clue, maybe a another white model y cut him off...or a Tesla hate crime. My uncle who is a cop (riding shotgun) was more pissed off about it than I was filed the police report before I even made it home. Dashcam got his plates.

California bikers can legally ride the road lines between traffic and if they feel you didn't give them enough room they can get into a hissy fit. Gawd help you if you drive a wider profile vehicle with extended mirrors.
Not sure what his deal was, there was plenty of space on my right as there was no car right next to me as he passed.

Karma, he will get his 10 fold trust me. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. I too am a motorcycle rider and that mirror game is about the only thing riders have as a form of payback when they are cut off or provoked. Totally unacceptable but I am glad you had restraint and chose the high road. It's minor damage and totally fixable at a nominal cost. I am sure there are many members on this forum that would have handled it a different way and honestly I totally understand. It's a dangerous game now days with road rage. Would have been easy to chase him down and cut him off and F with him a little but at the end of the day all that matters is that you are ok and you didn't make matters worse for you or other motorist. Trust me you can forward that video to the Police if you played a part and it was captured on video. Kudos for your uncle for keeping his cool and not shooting his ass! Hopefully the Police will catch up with him one day and he will regret ever messing with a Tesla driver! # Stop the Tesla Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.