Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motorcyclist Splitting Lanes Scratched Passenger Side with a Knife!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happened June 8th on my way home. I heard something and saw the motorcycle go by, so I saved the footage. I thought maybe he slapped the side of the car. However, I totally forgot about it by the time I got home. Tonight when I got home I was taking something out of the passenger side and saw that damage. A deep scratch from the back door all the way to the front. I also noticed that he scratched the car behind me as well. I will contact the CHP tomorrow and see what can be done. I only got a partial plate from the motorcycle.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Attachments

• IMG_1692.jpeg
    IMG_1692.jpeg
    358.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 20.39.42.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 20.39.42.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • Helpful
Reactions: MIT_S60 and Zoomit
Does the CHP not understand how to look up license plate numbers using their own system? There can't be too many Honda motorcycles with plates ending in those numbers (the probability is vanishingly small) and I can't imagine that an electronic system can't search that.

Reactions: Kenfucius
WTF is wrong with people? I don't understand what would cause someone to decide to do something like that. I can't imagine waking up in the morning and making the deliberate choice that I'm going to go for a ride with my knife and scratch people's cars.

Reactions: CaliSurfer
This happened June 8th on my way home. I heard something and saw the motorcycle go by, so I saved the footage. I thought maybe he slapped the side of the car. However, I totally forgot about it by the time I got home. Tonight when I got home I was taking something out of the passenger side and saw that damage. A deep scratch from the back door all the way to the front. I also noticed that he scratched the car behind me as well. I will contact the CHP tomorrow and see what can be done. I only got a partial plate from the motorcycle.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

***UPDATE***

The CHP has still not contacted me. I posted on Reddit as did another Model 3 owner that had the same guy do the same thing to him on another freeway the same day! Last week, I went back to the CHP to let them know that this guy is a major problem and we have him on video scratching 3 cars. They said that they would have the investigator contact me. Still waiting for them to contact me....

Hard to judge exactly what his intent is, how do we know this is just vandalism? Obviously this person is unstable. The police might be more interested if it's described as him making a criminal threat and brandishing a weapon and not just property damage.