Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motorized Frunk on Model X video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks wonderful....looking forward to be able to do that too.
Mine just arrived from China.
If I had half your DIY ability I might give it a shot.
However if I had thrice mine......I would still pay someone else to do it!
Did you also install the foot activated trunk release?
Fabulous garage btw.

It cost about $500 (their new V2 kit is a faster and I think is $549.) Install was really pretty easy. They have a youtube video that shows you exactly (sort of) what to do. hooking up 2 wires to the battery and plugging in a bunch of stuff. I think you need a 10mm and 12mm socket, and that's all. thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: wreighven
Looks wonderful....looking forward to be able to do that too.
Mine just arrived from China.
If I had half your DIY ability I might give it a shot.
However if I had thrice mine......I would still pay someone else to do it!
Did you also install the foot activated trunk release?
Fabulous garage btw.
That trunk release video looks WAY more daunting! No way I'd do that on my own LOL...

Reactions: acaciolo
I found a place in town that does PPF, Ceramic Pro, chrome delete, etc. and does Tesla's all the time. Mentioned this to them and they said they'd be happy to install the Motorized Frunk and the Foot Activated Trunk release. Anyone who's interested might want to talk to their local tint type shop. What they quoted me for the install was quite reasonable ($150 for the frunk, $250 for the trunk).

I found a place in town that does PPF, Ceramic Pro, chrome delete, etc. and does Tesla's all the time. Mentioned this to them and they said they'd be happy to install the Motorized Frunk and the Foot Activated Trunk release. Anyone who's interested might want to talk to their local tint type shop. What they quoted me for the install was quite reasonable ($150 for the frunk, $250 for the trunk).
that is really reasonable!

Just moved to Frisco. Could you tell me where you got this installed? Thanks!