Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MOTORTREND: ! EXCLUSIVE TESLA MODEL Y PHOTOS

FreqFlyer

Jan 24, 2019
Austin,Texas
Thought this deserved its own thread.

EXCLUSIVE: Tesla Model Y Prototype Spy Shots - MotorTrend - MotorTrend

Tesla-Model-Y-prototype-17.jpg

Tesla-Model-Y-prototype-1.jpg

Tesla-Model-Y-prototype-11.jpg

Reactions: UnicornDriver

camthehombre

Jan 25, 2018
Spanish Fork, UT
I feel like some of the pics make the car look like it's sitting really low and others make it look light it sits up decently high. Any estimates on ground clearance? Some website I've seen estimate about 6".

TDFW

Jul 16, 2019
Dallas
First impression is it looks like an overinflated model3. Very underwhelming. And those wheels look terrible ...I think it's the way the car is sitting high on them.

Could be the black on black color....

Reactions: BulldogsRus

reardencode

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2019
Seattle, WA
I am not sure it’s going to have that much more practical storage unless you put the seats down.

I am so torn as to when yet or not I want to wait.

It's hard to tell until the final specs come out. If it's 6" longer (or so) as many are speculating, that'll be a lot more storage when combined with the hatch.

BulldogsRus

Nov 12, 2018
Boston
Much like the 3, from certain angles it looks great but from others, meh. I was really hoping it would have more of a fastback shape ala the BMW x4/6 or maybe the Benz GLE/GLC coupe. Something about the short front is throwing me off, maybe it's just the color (sorry black preorder people!).

North75

Mar 28, 2017
MA
I like the look overall, happy to see the chrome is blacked out, but not a huge fan of those wheels. I like the dark alloy rims that have been in some of the renders (but unfortunately not on the configurator)

JohnSnowNW

Feb 13, 2015
Minnesota
I think it looks great from some angles, and others not as much. I'm also thinking about changing our wheel config...but I really don't like the idea of taking an efficiency hit purely for aesthetic considerations.

Well, the 7-seat configuration won't be out until at least 2021...so I've got a bit of time yet.

Reactions: camthehombre

vickh

Dec 16, 2018
az
I think it looks great from some angles, and others not as much. I'm also thinking about changing our wheel config...but I really don't like the idea of taking an efficiency hit purely for aesthetic considerations.

Well, the 7-seat configuration won't be out until at least 2021...so I've got a bit of time yet.

Hopefully early 21+ SR

• Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC