Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MOTORTREND: ! EXCLUSIVE TESLA MODEL Y PHOTOS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So assuming these are 19" wheels like they are for China, is there someone here who can find the height of the car, ground clearance, tire size and things like that?

Pictures posted by an employee on GF1 family day give a fairly good perspective of the car since the girl was standing right next to the Y and then right next to the 3. It appears to be around 10 to 12 inches taller than a 3 but not much wider. Ground clearance appear to be no more than an inch or two more than the 3. I wish it has at least 7.5 inches ground clearance and bigger truck size tires but I am sure that is not going to happen.

IMG_20191016_115121.jpg
This photo has answered many of my questions. The Y is significantly larger/taller than the three. It appears closer to the X in size. Absolutely love it!

Dan

Attachments

• IMG_20191016_115121.jpg
    IMG_20191016_115121.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 61
Yeah, 66 with the ears down. I need to know what it will be with the seats up. I have 2 kids that have to sit somewhere

I am not sure I can get camping gear in the 3 and we camp pretty light.

I'm concerned about luggage capacity as well, but I think a solution like this would do the trick for me. Seems to work well for folks with a Model X, so hoping it also works well for the Y. Effectively adds 16 cu ft of storage, which is the same as the Model 3 trunk, so that seems like a nice addition on whatever trunk space is left after passengers.

Taken from this thread - StowAway Max rear luggage carrier - my experience
img_4763-jpg.189916

I am not sure it’s going to have that much more practical storage unless you put the seats down.

I am so torn as to when yet or not I want to wait.
That may well be true but there have been many times where I had to use my wife's large SUV to carry larger items since my Model 3 doesn't have a hatch/lift back.
The 3 is the first sedan I've owned in literally decades. Love it but this improved storage capability is why I've placed an order for the Y. Plus it will make for a nice retirement gift to myself.