Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mount an 8" tablet screen over Tesla screen upper right?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Want to use a small 8" tablet or large 6.5" phone in my Tesla as an auxiliary display. I think I've found some decent mounting options if I use the 6.5" phone where I could position the phone under the bottom of the Tesla main screen, or behind the steering wheel. But the more I think about it I'd love a way to stick an 8" tablet on the top right hand area of the big Tesla screen. The tablet will be making many of the things normally displayed in that region unneeded.

I know I can stick the tablet on there with an adhesive. So I'm envisioning some kind of swing mount or something moveable where I could push the tablet to the side like a door or flip it up like clip on sunglasses. The end goal would be to have it float right on top of the Tesla screen most of the time.

Any ideas on how to do that?

I got you:

The magnets that come with the mount are trash - get these ones, much stronger. Placed these magnets on the back of the screen. Super strong. The arms, I mounted on the iPad - easier to remove.

1x
2x

Reactions: timeshifter
That looks like a good solution for a phone. But I was thinking of having the tablet ON TOP of the Tesla screen. Like this:

tabletoverlay.png

• Helpful
Reactions: 63AMG
I'm not sure about covering the screen, since its the main system of the car.
That's OK as the tablet will be running CarPlay. It will only cover the top right corner. As you can see from the photo I could still access most functions along the bottom third of the screen like the Climate with the tablet in the proposed position. It would be fairly rare that I'd need to access functions underneath that. But, for the rare times I do want or need the full Tesla screen the mount would be able to flip out to the side or up.

By the way, I saw that first video a few days ago. Watching the second one now. Informative. But more important, that guy is funny as hell! He has little jokes woven in to the video. Watch them even if you don't care about mounting a phone in your car.

• Funny