Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mount Kisko NY Model S Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All - Have been monitoring forums, reading and reading and researching and am waiting on my Model SLR. I am in Buffalo, NY and am looking for others from NY to dispel some things I have learned about NY and Tesla...
1. Pickup only allowed at Mount Kisko -- this is 400+ miles from my front door. A Roadtrip of this magnitude in December sounds rather unappealing. Apparently NY only allows delivery in NY? Darn...Pittsburgh is half the distance. Toronto is only an hour away.
2. Greatly reduced incentives from NY? Either no rebate or $500?
3. Anyone who has registered in NY -- is there a higher registration fee because there are no taxes from gas?
4. Heard a rumor that Tesla will rent you a car and pay for a hotel room when you take delivery if you don't have a trade in.
5. Is there a rebate on the Tesla charger or just the Juicebox charger? I already have a Tesla charger to be installed next week but just curious.

I have my checklist for delivery. No VIN yet. I'm on the Refresh spreadsheet and looking at between Thanksgiving and Christmas -- until the position of Saturn moves with respect to Mars and the date changes.

Black on Black LR 21" no FSD

1) Yep. Unfortunately, because the Dealers have a serious stranglehold here in NY. Car manufacturers cannot sell directly in NY unless they go through a dealer. Of course, Tesla is trying to get around that: New York Car Dealers Are Fighting Against Coalition Of 114 Environmental Groups To Keep Tesla, Rivian, & Lucid Out Of The State

2) There is a NY state EV tax credit which is applied directly to your car. Drive Clean Rebate for Electric Cars - NYSERDA

3) The registration fee is the same for all cars.

4) I've never heard of that rumor, and I've bought two Teslas and picked them up from Mt. Kisco without a trade-in for either.

5) No.

Hi All - Have been monitoring forums, reading and reading and researching and am waiting on my Model SLR. I am in Buffalo, NY and am looking for others from NY to dispel some things I have learned about NY and Tesla...
1. Pickup only allowed at Mount Kisko -- this is 400+ miles from my front door. A Roadtrip of this magnitude in December sounds rather unappealing. Apparently NY only allows delivery in NY? Darn...Pittsburgh is half the distance. Toronto is only an hour away.
2. Greatly reduced incentives from NY? Either no rebate or $500?
3. Anyone who has registered in NY -- is there a higher registration fee because there are no taxes from gas?
4. Heard a rumor that Tesla will rent you a car and pay for a hotel room when you take delivery if you don't have a trade in.
5. Is there a rebate on the Tesla charger or just the Juicebox charger? I already have a Tesla charger to be installed next week but just curious.

I have my checklist for delivery. No VIN yet. I'm on the Refresh spreadsheet and looking at between Thanksgiving and Christmas -- until the position of Saturn moves with respect to Mars and the date changes.

Black on Black LR 21" no FSD
Hello,

I'm also from Buffalo.

Although I selected the "Carrier Direct" delivery option, a Service Agent from Mt. Kisco reached out and encouraged me to pick-up stating, "We currently offer a reimbursement of up to $150 in costs associated for transport to Mt. Kisco. All we would need is a receipt and we send the check in the mail within 6-8 weeks."

Please let me know how you made out?

--Mike

Hello,

I'm also from Buffalo.

Although I selected the "Carrier Direct" delivery option, a Service Agent from Mt. Kisco reached out and encouraged me to pick-up stating, "We currently offer a reimbursement of up to $150 in costs associated for transport to Mt. Kisco. All we would need is a receipt and we send the check in the mail within 6-8 weeks."

Please let me know how you made out?

--Mike
Back in the day there used to be commuter flights SYR to HPN. That said, it might be quicker to fly BUF to LGA and Uber up to Mt Kisco