Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast #11 will stream live Saturday at 1PM PDT. We will be joined by special guest JT Stukes, a former engineer at Tesla. You can watch it live and participate in the chat on YouTube. We will addressing viewer comments and questions. For more information, follow the TMC Podcast #11 thread.

Mountain Pass Performance: adjustable rear camber arms installed

52 16 57 39

BioDiesel & Electrons
Nov 20, 2020
Tacoma, WA
I just installed the MPP adjustable rear camber arms. Last summer I installed the UPP moderate 1" drop springs, so I knew my rear camber needed to be adjusted.

Super simple to install in my garage - only needed a 21mm wrench/socket to remove the 4 bolts holding the rear camber arms in place. Removed the stock, installed the MPP's and then fine tune the rear camber settings.

Here are a few picts of the process once you have the car lifted, supported and rear wheels removed.

side by side.jpg

stock.jpg

comparison.jpg

close up MPP.jpg

installed.jpg

installed 2.jpg

52 16 57 39

BioDiesel & Electrons
Nov 20, 2020
Tacoma, WA
I was running just the UPP moderate springs, but rear negative camber was too much, and the negative values only increase when you carry 3 more adults (wife & 2x6ft teenagers) while under load/compression.

Front camber is too much money to mess around with and it’s pretty static - versus the loads/compressions the rear can have w loads and/or a utility trailer in tow.

July 2020 UPP springs install
December 2020 alignment
A8933A5B-C5F2-4240-B84D-673CDC5F9880.jpeg

The rear camber value of -2.something degrees is too much for my liking - and again that number goes more negative w more load.

Hence the MPP rear camber adjustable camber arms.

I have a camber tool, so I set my values around -1.25 degrees.

Tesla stock values I don’t know - but from the spec values above, -1.25 degrees seems fine, and I might go less.

Reactions: MODEL+ and gundarx

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC