Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mountain Pass Performance Comfort Coilover Ride Height Settings

500e

Sep 13, 2017
MA
Looking for some help from Model 3 Performance owners running Mountain Pass Performance Comfort Coilovers. I have a 2021 M3P and can squeeze 3-4 fingers in the wheel gap (depending on angle). I’m getting the MPP Comfort Coilovers installed next week and the shop has asked me what settings on the perch I want because obviously they can’t keep putting the car on the lift adjusting and asking me what I like. My goal is to avoid a slammed look and maybe get 1-1.5 fingers worth of wheel gap which is small but still adequate for daily driving. Also I will be running 245 tires and 5mm spacers front and 15mm rear. Could anyone here let me know what setting they went with and if possible a photo showing the stance? Thanks in advance !

MasterC17

Dec 3, 2015
USA
Honestly, I would just follow the recommended settings. They won't make the car slammed.

FRONT:

FRONT SPRING PERCH OFFSET: START AT 74.4mm
FRONT RIDE HEIGHT: 377mm (Hub to Fender)
FRONT BATTERY HEIGHT: 128.5mm (Using OEM 18″ wheels and tires)

REAR:

REAR SPRING PERCH OFFSET: 24mm (this is the gap between the bottom of the spring perch and the top of the body – see photo)
REAR RIDE HEIGHT: 382mm (Hub to Fender)
REAR BATTERY HEIGHT: 128.5mm (Using OEM 18″ wheels and tires)

PXL_20210808_235726990.jpg

MountainPass

Vendor
Mar 2, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Honestly, I would just follow the recommended settings. They won't make the car slammed.

FRONT:

FRONT SPRING PERCH OFFSET: START AT 74.4mm
FRONT RIDE HEIGHT: 377mm (Hub to Fender)
FRONT BATTERY HEIGHT: 128.5mm (Using OEM 18″ wheels and tires)

REAR:

REAR SPRING PERCH OFFSET: 24mm (this is the gap between the bottom of the spring perch and the top of the body – see photo)
REAR RIDE HEIGHT: 382mm (Hub to Fender)
REAR BATTERY HEIGHT: 128.5mm (Using OEM 18″ wheels and tires)

View attachment 705812
Agreed with @MasterC17 , the initial settings are great for most of our coilover owners!

Reactions: 500e

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC