Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So tired of watching everyone get fun blue parts from the sidelines. And living in PA, I couldn’t pass this up!

Sport coilovers and corkscrew front arms ordered. I hope there’s a sticker included to make this all worth it ;)

AutoX season will be fun next year. Was already consistent top 5 in raw last season. Now I just need to figure out tires since the RE71R is going away.... and I guess I need wider wheels since Street class rules no longer apply to me

We will make sure to send you stickers too! Thank you!

With a press, it can be done in an hour for both sides.

Find a shop with 20T press who does that and it's easy then.

This is definitely the easiest way!

Yeah! Just what I need! More politics in my cars. One of the few remaining joys in life where I can get away from that bullshit. And it's coming from a company that isn't even based in the US... I guess Canadian politics just aren't controversial enough.

Sorry if we offended you (how very Canadian of us to apologize). We are more interested in the future of the Earth and humanity, so if we even have a small influence on some people in one of the largest and greatest countries in the world who could truly make a difference, it is worth it to us. We would like to see North America move away from dependency on fossil fuels, which we are super guilty of too. Much of our economy is based around oil in Alberta. Canadians actually have one of the worst carbon footprints of all countries.

For the P3D Front and Rear rotor set. I noticed on the website that it pushes out the wheels by 4mm. Since I have after market wheel, will it fit?

Here is my wheel set up

[Front:20x9 ET30 245/35/20]
[Rear:20x10.5 ET40 285/30/20]

The front would not be a problem, and the rear will be ok too if you have some camber to clear the fender.

If you don’t like it, ignore, and move on. Because, what happens in U.S. politics has broad effects on the rest of the world.

I, for on, enjoyed the additional sale code. Keep up the good work MPP. The transportation sector needs all the help it can get to help people buy lower carbon solutions.

It isn't just on the internet and within the USA that feels America-centric. What you guys are doing really does affect all of us! Thanks for the kind words.

It isn't just on the internet and within the USA that feels America-centric. What you guys are doing really does affect all of us! Thanks for the kind words.

Case in point, last year a border service guard warned me of paying a hefty aluminum/steel tariff for bringing car parts and wheels over the border into Canada. American policies affect everyone.

Reactions: MountainPass
Sorry if we offended you (how very Canadian of us to apologize). We are more interested in the future of the Earth and humanity, so if we even have a small influence on some people in one of the largest and greatest countries in the world who could truly make a difference, it is worth it to us. We would like to see North America move away from dependency on fossil fuels, which we are super guilty of too. Much of our economy is based around oil in Alberta. Canadians actually have one of the worst carbon footprints of all countries.

Instead of a fake apology, I think you should seriously rethink your strategy to help save the world. Almost half our country voted for Trump. Poking fingers in anyone's eye never did anything positive. If you think insulting half the country in a childish way will somehow improve green initiatives, you are very wrong. It will do the exact opposite. Try to come up with a way to help without being so divisive.

I'm more perplexed, than anything. I fail to see the connection between the message and your claim as the intended outcome. MPP is one of the only brands I've felt a "closeness" to - and that's saying quite a bit, because, like politics, I don't ascribe much value to fickle entities that can (and do) change direction on a dime. I like your products, the care and attention devoted to them, and the responsive & collaborative nature of your post-sales support. On the other hand, I despise tribalism and the insidious mentality that's currently dividing our nation. I reserve copious & equal amounts of hatred for everyone involved on this front.

So instead of staying out of it - a luxury not afforded to "real" companies out there who spend untold millions of dollars each year navigating this idiotic minefield - you've voluntarily brought both together under some altruistic guise that doesn't really add up, while risking upsetting a significant portion of your customer base.

Instead of a fake apology, I think you should seriously rethink your strategy to help save the world. Almost half our country voted for Trump. Poking fingers in anyone's eye never did anything positive. If you think insulting half the country in a childish way will somehow improve green initiatives, you are very wrong. It will do the exact opposite. Try to come up with a way to help without being so divisive.
So basically you're saying that just voicing your preference is divisive. And disliking a specific person is automatically means insult to those who like that person?

That's you who act divisive. You also act arrogant like you actually can teach others how they should live their lives or do their business.

Don't pretend like you are not aware that this guy have more people genuinely despising him than anyone before. Worldwide. How did you survive all those years being constantly insulted? You have your right to like or celebrate him as you wish. MPP is in their right as well.

If you don't agree with them - you don't use a discount code. Oh, well, you might also never buy anything from them again. Even go and tell others not to, because they are not from your team. Actually, you can do whatever you want. I just thought that you might be not aware of how ridiculous it looks.

moderator note: You guys are likely going to get tired of seeing me say this, but please keep discussion civil. I have read their post a few times and, while the coupon code pokes fun, I dont find it to be out of bounds for TMC rules.

Neither do I find the posts stating an opposing position to be out of bounds, but things are in danger of getting there quickly. If things continue to escalate, I will need to take action and I am trying to avoid doing that. Both sides, please tone it down some. Thanks.

I'm more perplexed, than anything. I fail to see the connection between the message and your claim as the intended outcome. MPP is one of the only brands I've felt a "closeness" to - and that's saying quite a bit, because, like politics, I don't ascribe much value to fickle entities that can (and do) change direction on a dime. I like your products, the care and attention devoted to them, and the responsive & collaborative nature of your post-sales support. On the other hand, I despise tribalism and the insidious mentality that's currently dividing our nation. I reserve copious & equal amounts of hatred for everyone involved on this front.

So instead of staying out of it - a luxury not afforded to "real" companies out there who spend untold millions of dollars each year navigating this idiotic minefield - you've voluntarily brought both together under some altruistic guise that doesn't really add up, while risking upsetting a significant portion of your customer base.

I think we're almost saying the same thing from different angles. We also hate tribalism. I'm not personally the type of person to be obsessed with only one type of thing while thinking that all competing things (sports teams, car brands, etc) are terrible. It wasn't long ago when I didn't want to get involved in anything politics related either, and just focus on going racing and going as fast as possible.

While it is nice to just play with cars and ignore what is going on, at some point, it becomes too much and there is an overwhelming pressure and it feels necessary to speak my mind. Whether many people disagree or not is not the point - we didn't start a business to muffle ourselves or take away our voice. If you were fired for having an opinion at work would that be fair? No. So why should we not be allowed to express our opinions? And with a bit of humour, why not!?

Ultimately we should be guided by facts and evidence. And we should be able to see the good and bad in everything. So if our post comes across as us taking one side against another, that is only because there are only two sides in this situation. Specifically when it comes to Climate Change, pushing governments to do something sooner rather than later is going to pay huge dividends, and as we know governments are not in the business of making long term investments. There is no incentive for them to invest in something that won't bear fruit for 20+ years.

I do business with many Trump supporters and we are friends. It's no problem. What is important is that we can all have hard discussions about things without getting our feathers ruffled so easily, and ultimately still having respect for each other. Why should politics be so Taboo? That is maybe the worst thing possible that can happen to a democracy... for the state of our societies to be forbidden from talking about.

Communication is actually exactly what fixes these kinds of problems, or helps you understand the other person's perspective. Shoving it under the rug and hoping it will go away certainly won't lead to things getting resolved any time soon. Simply just a discussion of "Hey, this is what I believe, and here is the evidence of why I believe this makes sense" with someone else that can have a similar rational discussion goes a long way.

Sasha

Way quicker than I expected!

This stuff looks top notch! Can’t wait for Spring!

C76816D1-781B-4BC6-A097-3A1E1220D63F.jpeg
06A5A669-A9A8-483A-A493-3B9A749D8136.jpeg
F92597A0-775C-4257-87F6-B3426E9CACF8.jpeg
5E8991E4-EE3A-4596-A539-A7FAA5EFE80B.jpeg
D399C1A9-1A4A-4CA8-96D1-13701138B9FC.jpeg
C32472B2-F3DA-44F3-86CC-C153ACF38197.jpeg
17F368F5-25F3-43BE-8DBE-2186BA036992.jpeg

Yay! A new product!

MPP Model 3 Front Compression Rod Inserts​

A unique component to significantly reduce toe-change under braking, caused by excessive OEM bushing deflection.
  • CNC machined from billet 6061-T6 aluminum
  • Anodized for durability and aesthetics
  • No noise or wear compared to using a solid spherical bearing
  • Massive reduction in darting and steering wheel shake during aggressive braking
  • To be used with our Front Lower Control Arm Bushings

MPP Model 3 Front Compression Rod Inserts | Mountain Pass Performance

1619723564637.png

1619723584381.png

Yay! A new product!

MPP Model 3 Front Compression Rod Inserts​

A unique component to significantly reduce toe-change under braking, caused by excessive OEM bushing deflection.
  • CNC machined from billet 6061-T6 aluminum
  • Anodized for durability and aesthetics
  • No noise or wear compared to using a solid spherical bearing
  • Massive reduction in darting and steering wheel shake during aggressive braking
  • To be used with our Front Lower Control Arm Bushings

MPP Model 3 Front Compression Rod Inserts | Mountain Pass Performance

View attachment 658095
View attachment 658096
I have uniball open bearing in that place without NVH change, but with significantly more stable braking. It's 4 times more expensive plus a real press needed. Or maybe I didn't notice NVH, who knows...

Its great to see vendors who test their stuff, post results and straightforward about unknowns. Good job!

Reactions: dmd2005
I have uniball open bearing in that place without NVH change, but with significantly more stable braking. It's 4 times more expensive plus a real press needed. Or maybe I didn't notice NVH, who knows...

Its great to see vendors who test their stuff, post results and straightforward about unknowns. Good job!
Thank you @Mash ! Testing the deflection of the stock bushing was fun and interesting, even when it seems obvious what the results will be.

We wanted to offer something for people who don't necessarily want to commit to an open bearing design. Living in the North, we are always concerned about longevity when it comes to dirt and salt getting into the bearing and wearing it out.

As a follow-up to the inserts, we have the MPP.R Solid Compression Rod Bushings coming next month that will have a sealed bearing and caster adjustment for you alignment lovers out there! More info to follow, but we can't help but share with you all now.

1622146387136.png

As always, thank you everyone for your support, it means the world to us!