Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my order for the suspension arms and camber arms. It arrived faster than expected.

I ordered my Model 3, but no contact from Tesla yet.

The arms look great, and lighter than expected. The thing that concerned me were orange specks appearing on the threads of all the arms... I was worried it was corrosion and contacted MPP right away. Luckily, Sasha was able to tell me it was copper anti-seize and was assured me that these parts would never rust :) I’m going to keep them sealed until my car arrives.

Great experience with MPP so far and looking forward to getting the coilover kit.

81F91836-1C4B-433C-95AC-2B3B1F0C11C2.jpeg 006D45C3-E88E-4B36-80B5-8A28AA1E663D.jpeg 151D1858-A104-4DD6-B664-F39DEED92055.jpeg 368A4F67-6432-481E-A7C0-166248E2C2EE.jpeg

Reactions: Asad1087
@davidc18 - Just answered your email. Sorry for the delay :)

As soon as we can get our hands on a dual motor car we will absolutely be doing a front damper. I would imagine the rear will all be the same, but the front valving, spring rates and damper valving will need to be revised obviously due to the added weight of the motor and the different suspension layout that will no doubt be in place when an axle has to go through the middle of the hub!

Reactions: TheLocNar
@davidc18 - Just answered your email. Sorry for the delay :)

As soon as we can get our hands on a dual motor car we will absolutely be doing a front damper. I would imagine the rear will all be the same, but the front valving, spring rates and damper valving will need to be revised obviously due to the added weight of the motor and the different suspension layout that will no doubt be in place when an axle has to go through the middle of the hub!

I'd like to raise my hand for an AWD coil-over setup that is of the more comfort oriented variety that you spoke about possibly doing awhile back. Something with rebound adjustment, but a little on the softer side without as much ride height drop. Along the lines of a KW Street Comfort line :).

Thanks again for the development work you're doing on the Model 3. The Lotus project has been awesome to watch unfold as well.

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of getting to know Sasha a couple days ago and EV Tuning Solutions is going to work on collaborating with Mountain Pass Performance. For those Model 3 owners on the other side of the border I plan to carry his parts as well and hopefully work on some joint projects too. Hopefully you will start to see his products on our site in the next couple of weeks. Our Model 3 is hopefully going to be arriving in the next 4-5 weeks and we'll definitely have all of Mountain Pass Performances gear on it for people to experience in person if you live in the New England area. People will be welcome to experience the improvements that their suspension and brake components make to how the car drives and handles.

I had the pleasure of getting to know Sasha a couple days ago and EV Tuning Solutions is going to work on collaborating with Mountain Pass Performance. For those Model 3 owners on the other side of the border I plan to carry his parts as well and hopefully work on some joint projects too. Hopefully you will start to see his products on our site in the next couple of weeks. Our Model 3 is hopefully going to be arriving in the next 4-5 weeks and we'll definitely have all of Mountain Pass Performances gear on it for people to experience in person if you live in the New England area. People will be welcome to experience the improvements that their suspension and brake components make to how the car drives and handles.
That is great news! Especially about the car. I would love to take a trip up to check it out.
Trip will be a good opportunity to put Autopilot to good use.
Should be able to feel the difference stepping out of one into the other.

Reactions: EVTuning
Saw your videos on YouTube. Looking forward to your developments for this chassis. I plan on getting a AWD variant myself. So can’t wait to see what you put out for that!

One thing I would like to ask. Is there anyway to get your parts in the beautiful raw aluminum/ clear anodized finish that you had at the beginning of this thread? I would love to have this as an option to keep the OEM look.

I am no stranger to colored anodized parts and while they call out to the younger gearhead inside me. These days I like keeping it clean and subtle. I don’t mind some laser engraved branding or what have you, but the bright colors just aren’t my taste any longer.

Hopefully I’m not alone and others think the same and can make this option happen!

That is great news! Especially about the car. I would love to take a trip up to check it out.
Trip will be a good opportunity to put Autopilot to good use.
Should be able to feel the difference stepping out of one into the other.

That's the plan! Like so many others I'm playing the waiting game as well :( In the meantime https://evtuningsolutions.com/collections/mpp we now have @MountainPass products up on our site for those on the southern side of the border!

Great news! Our coilovers are in the final stages of being built now, and KW has announced to us that they will be upgrading our Sports coilovers from Rebound adjustment only to Compression AND Rebound adjustment for no additional cost!

This is HUGE news. For those of you that might not know, this is usually a $400-500 upgrade.

If you'd like to be one of the first to receive a set of coilovers I'd suggest ordering online at MountainPassPerformance.com in the next day or two to ensure there is enough quantity in the first order for everyone.

And if you haven't already seen our build thread, check it out here: Vendor - MPP Model 3 Build Thread There is a lot of great stuff happening lately!

@MountainPass -- camber adjustment arms make sense, especially if lowering the car a great deal. I'm trying to wrap my head around the need for toe adjustment. Obviously if the car is going to be tracked, then having vast amounts of adjustability to support custom alignments will be beneficial, but do you imagine that the toe adjustment hardware will be necessary for a street driven car trying to get back to a near-stock alignment?

Asking as someone who has a LR AWD model 3 on order, and very much wants to invest in a set of your coilovers once available for the Dual Motor config :)

@MountainPass -- camber adjustment arms make sense, especially if lowering the car a great deal. I'm trying to wrap my head around the need for toe adjustment. Obviously if the car is going to be tracked, then having vast amounts of adjustability to support custom alignments will be beneficial, but do you imagine that the toe adjustment hardware will be necessary for a street driven car trying to get back to a near-stock alignment?

Asking as someone who has a LR AWD model 3 on order, and very much wants to invest in a set of your coilovers once available for the Dual Motor config :)
Oftentimes when you lower a car with multilink suspension, the toe is affected as well. Sometimes it remains within the acceptable limits, and sometimes it doesn't. Thus, there's a need for aftermarket adjustable toe links. It really depends on how much you lower the car

@MountainPass,

Sasha....can you keep us updated on the progress of the Coilovers for the AWD+Performnce Model 3s? I know you said the valving and tuning will (need to) be different due to the added weight of the additional front motor.
I have a P3D Full Performance+ Package on order and am going to purchase the Coilover as well as Toe and Camber arm setup.
In addition do you have an insider email notification and update signup for new products and current production updates? I’d love to sign up! Awesome Development and Production! Love it all! Great for the Sport EV Community!

Regards,
Skione65

@Skione65 - Yes we do! If you go to our website and subscribe you'll be notified of any new blog posts, and if you email us we can also add you to a mailing list. We're currently working on the dual motor coilovers and will have our final specs designed for the car in the near future. Super glad to hear you'll be ordering your parts for your new car, congrats!!

@pandam3 - Thanks for the order!! Chris let me know about your order so that's awesome news. We'll be sending out the camber arms shortly - our toe arms are currently backordered (we didn't expect so many to be ordered to be honest!)

We are working on DIY videos now, in fact, we just finished our Big Brake kit install video that will be uploaded to YouTube later today. Next up is a suspension arm install and setup video, and the coilover video will be released before you need them :)

@EV-by-the-Sea - The main advantage to the toe arms is the precise adjustment and the removal of the OE rubber bushing for a solid spherical. Every soft bushing we can replace makes a noticeable difference in response, the rear especially for stability during spirited driving. Our toe adjusters are so precise (one full turn only changes the arm length 0.5mm!) that we are able to try different toe settings at the track without needing an alignment check, as we know one full turn is approximately 1mm at the wheel. There's no way you can mess with an OEM eccentric adjuster trackside without getting yourself into trouble.

@Skione65 - Yes we do! If you go to our website and subscribe you'll be notified of any new blog posts, and if you email us we can also add you to a mailing list. We're currently working on the dual motor coilovers and will have our final specs designed for the car in the near future. Super glad to hear you'll be ordering your parts for your new car, congrats!!

@pandam3 - Thanks for the order!! Chris let me know about your order so that's awesome news. We'll be sending out the camber arms shortly - our toe arms are currently backordered (we didn't expect so many to be ordered to be honest!)

We are working on DIY videos now, in fact, we just finished our Big Brake kit install video that will be uploaded to YouTube later today. Next up is a suspension arm install and setup video, and the coilover video will be released before you need them :)

@EV-by-the-Sea - The main advantage to the toe arms is the precise adjustment and the removal of the OE rubber bushing for a solid spherical. Every soft bushing we can replace makes a noticeable difference in response, the rear especially for stability during spirited driving. Our toe adjusters are so precise (one full turn only changes the arm length 0.5mm!) that we are able to try different toe settings at the track without needing an alignment check, as we know one full turn is approximately 1mm at the wheel. There's no way you can mess with an OEM eccentric adjuster trackside without getting yourself into trouble.

@MountainPass,

Sasha...Thank You! Keep us posted on the P3D (AWD/P+) Coilover and Toe Arm/Camber development! Signed up for your email and Vlog updates!

Ski

Just got my order for the suspension arms and camber arms. It arrived faster than expected.

The arms look great, and (are) lighter than expected
Great experience with MPP so far and looking forward to getting the coilover kit.

View attachment 301285 View attachment 301286 View attachment 301287 View attachment 301288
I received mine (suspension bits) over a month ago....GORGEOUS!
Sasha set me up with a very professional tune shop here in Mississauga.
I'm getting my camber arms and toes arms installed by Touge Tuning on August 3rd

The two products compliment one and other and would be a good idea to do them together

Btw, My MPP comfort coilovers will arrive sometime this September.
KW will be producing them according to MPP specs and testing.

Last edited: