Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SD_Engnr If I ever see you on the street I will make sure to flip you the bird :mad::p

But seriously, @Mikey122687 I would actually recommend going with MPP coilovers instead of UP right now. I know MPP had issues with their coilovers making noise in the past but they seemed to have resolve them already. My UP coilovers have been making noise for a few months and UP has been working to find a solution. And it's not just me either. I've been in contact with another member on here who is in the same situation. It's a bit frustrating (and embarrassing), but I'm trying to remain patient. To their credit, UP does seem like they care and want to make things right.

I'll just watch and I'll be the cop checker up the street :)

• Funny
Reactions: hydro 481
@SD_Engnr If I ever see you on the street I will make sure to flip you the bird :mad::p

But seriously, @Mikey122687 I would actually recommend going with MPP coilovers instead of UP right now. I know MPP had issues with their coilovers making noise in the past but they seemed to have resolve them already. My UP coilovers have been making noise for a few months and UP has been working to find a solution. And it's not just me either. I've been in contact with another member on here who is in the same situation. It's a bit frustrating (and embarrassing), but I'm trying to remain patient. To their credit, UP does seem like they care and want to make things right.

Well, I'm in a bit of a dilemma because I currently have the UP springs, and It's been making alot of clicking noises. I went back to UP 3 times to get it fixed (I live in SD btw, so the drive isn't all that fun) and they still couldn't fix it. So Ben offered a full refund on the springs and will give me a "deal" on the CO. Not sure what to do now since the MPP went up in price and I'm getting a massive discount on the CO from UP.

Well, I'm in a bit of a dilemma because I currently have the UP springs, and It's been making alot of clicking noises. I went back to UP 3 times to get it fixed (I live in SD btw, so the drive isn't all that fun) and they still couldn't fix it. So Ben offered a full refund on the springs and will give me a "deal" on the CO. Not sure what to do now since the MPP went up in price and I'm getting a massive discount on the CO from UP.
Same here. I have to drive from SD too. It’s a 1.5 to 2 hour drive then I gotta wait around another few hours for them to work on the car. They couldn’t fix it last time I went so I will have to come back in the future. Not a fun experience :(

Good news is they supposedly found the cause of the noise. Seems to be a manufacturer defect with the springs. They are supposed to contact me soon when a fix is ready. If I were you, I’d probably wait till everything is sorted out before getting the coilovers installed.

Out of respect for MPP we probably should stop talking about UP in this thread.

Same here. I have to drive from SD too. It’s a 1.5 to 2 hour drive then I gotta wait around another few hours for them to work on the car. They couldn’t fix it last time I went so I will have to come back in the future. Not a fun experience :(

Good news is they supposedly found the cause of the noise. Seems to be a manufacturer defect with the springs. They are supposed to contact me soon when a fix is ready. If I were you, I’d probably wait till everything is sorted out before getting the coilovers installed.

Out of respect for MPP we probably should stop talking about UP in this thread.

Thanks guys!

When will the FLCA Bushings get into 2nd run production?

MPP just let me know some 2nd batch orders are imminent: ~1 week before shipping. There’s been some logistical issues that MPP and their suppliers (i.e. the machinist) had to overcome with hard work and self sacrifice due to COVID-19.

If anyone gets a shipping notification and isn’t going to immediately install these, I’d be interested in exchanging my place in line plus a small price premium. My car is currently in the shop for a round of installs, so it would just streamline things. Otherwise I’m happy waiting.

Thanks!

MPP just let me know some 2nd batch orders are imminent: ~1 week before shipping.
Thanks!
Bushings arriving this week!!! Very excited for all these suspension parts.
F8621427-3C1B-4974-AF4E-25F4D4466E28.jpeg

Bushings arriving this week!!! Very excited for all these suspension parts.
View attachment 534398
Just finished installing all of mine. I have to get alignment next and then off to the races. Oh wait everything is shut down....either way it was nice to turn some wrenches and get my mind off all the sadness going on in the world right now.

So today was the first day I was able to drive car after all the suspension mods I did(MPP everything suspension wise lol). I have to say the front ball joint is amazing in the directness it provides. The car feels so much more poised when turning in. Another bang up product from MPP. I also had my little helper wash the car with me, Funny how when they help it takes two times longer.
0CEAEF18-3EC0-4684-90A4-D3A3AB47B40E.jpeg
9F9CCFCA-1B77-4884-959A-6CA16AAABDF9.jpeg
4BBEE3D5-7BC8-46C4-883A-658E61CE1CE7.jpeg

April 23rd Blog Post!

Tesla SimRacing – MPP Assetto Corsa Cup is here!

MPP-Assetto-Corsa-Tesla-Model-3-Pits-1080x675.jpg

Since we’re all couped up with nowhere to go, what better way to pass the time than to race Tesla’s online?

We took it upon ourselves to learn how to create a car for Assetto Corsa, and we’re creating a server where we will have scheduled sessions where the community can log on and digitally race.

MPP-Assetto-Corsa-Laguna-Seca-Tesla-1024x576.jpg

Comparing our MoTeC data from Laguna Seca and Buttonwillow to the data produced by the simulator, we fine-tuned everything from the power output to the suspension geometry and aerodynamics to make the car perform and feel like it does in real life.

The result is pretty cool, and the car is super fun to drive and very consistent. It should make for a lot of fun once a pack of these things are all running together in close proximity!

Our first test event will be at Laguna Seca this Sunday, April 26rd at 4pm Eastern, 1pm PDT. If you have a steering wheel we encourage you to come and join in on the fun!

MPP-Tesla-Asetto-Corsa-1024x576.jpg

All of the details on how to join and get the MPP developed TM3.R for Assetto Corsa can be found here: Tesla Model 3 Assetto Corsa Cup | Mountain Pass Performance

There is still a lot of room for car development, so if you or anyone you know has experience with modding cars or 3D game design, please let us know!

From the team at MPP, we hope you’re all doing well during this difficult time. Stay safe my friends!