Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MountainPass Performance Comfort Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to start a new thread specifically for these coilovers:
MPP Model Y Comfort Adjustable Coilovers | Mountain Pass Performance

I've seen discussions about them buried in other threads about more comfortable rides, but wanted a thread dedicated to them.

I ordered mine about a month ago with a lead time of 4-8 weeks, and was wondering who also ordered? Anyone actually get them and have tried them yet?

On a related note, the MPP staff customer service people are amazing, respond so quickly, and are very helpful. Makes me feel even better to support such a great business.

I wanted to start a new thread specifically for these coilovers:
MPP Model Y Comfort Adjustable Coilovers | Mountain Pass Performance

I've seen discussions about them buried in other threads about more comfortable rides, but wanted a thread dedicated to them.

I ordered mine about a month ago with a lead time of 4-8 weeks, and was wondering who also ordered? Anyone actually get them and have tried them yet?

On a related note, the MPP staff customer service people are amazing, respond so quickly, and are very helpful. Makes me feel even better to support such a great business.

Been watching, contemplating UPP vs MPP coilovers. I hope you get your set soon - and have a positive review of the MPP coilovers.

Do you know of MPP’s advantage over UPP’s?

Been watching, contemplating UPP vs MPP coilovers. I hope you get your set soon - and have a positive review of the MPP coilovers.

Do you know of MPP’s advantage over UPP’s?

So MPP uses KW to build their coilovers, I have used KW coils on other cars before and loved them, UPP doesn't say who they use to make theirs but i am sure they are also made very well,

• Informative
Reactions: DennyL and RoBoRaT
It'd be nice if 1) they didn't charge my card until the parts ship, 2) provide an ETA at the time of order. I sent them a message a few days but haven't heard back.

They're usually really good about responding, I'm guessing it's because it's been the holidays. The last two weeks of December are always hard (Christmas, new years). I'd give them a pass... mountain... pass... ok.

They charge the card and put the order through. I understand what you're saying, but I'm also not really that upset about timing of charges, especially for smaller companies. Big companies can deal with the charges coming in later, and in some cases, not at all. Smaller companies rely on the charges to come through before committing to build and ship the product.

got update from MPP today that my 11/20 (BF sale) order should be shipped this month, coming from KW Germany straight to me via FedEx Air.. and MPP got their production unit from KW in December to ensure final packaging was perfect

with pandemic going on and the crush of shipments during holidays from all delivery services, the ship times are reasonable

Sorry for the delays guys, KW are on holidays until Wednesday, then we can get another update on timing. I had a feeling it was too good to be true when they told us all the Model Y kits would ship in early December! We will stay on top of them until they get ship out, as I am sure we will hear from more people who really want their kit too. We try to answer every email within 24 hours or less unless it is holidays or weekends, but even then if it is an emergency we will get back to you!

I'm always hesitant with stuff like suspension because I don't know anything about setup, so I especially back off when it mentions that it's adjustable. When one of you guys gets these, could you record some YouTube videos showing how easy it is to adjust and describe a little on what the whole process is like? (Finding a shop you trust to work on Tesla, any issues you run into, if you feel more body roll or anything, etc)

I'm pretty ok with the feeling of my suspension on the Model Y LR but it's "loud." When the car is loaded with about 200 pounds in the back I notice a much more muted sound with the suspension and it feels like it rides a bit better; still very firm but a "clean" and not harsh feeling. This matches what Elon has said, that the suspension gets better when it's loaded up in the back... unfortunately my rear is almost always empty unless I'm hauling tires and wheels to be mounted once every couple years...

Would be curious if this kit is much quieter when going over bumps... I get a somewhat metallic or plastic sounding "pinks" when going over bumps, not deep thuds.

I'm always hesitant with stuff like suspension because I don't know anything about setup, so I especially back off when it mentions that it's adjustable. When one of you guys gets these, could you record some YouTube videos showing how easy it is to adjust and describe a little on what the whole process is like? (Finding a shop you trust to work on Tesla, any issues you run into, if you feel more body roll or anything, etc)

I'm pretty ok with the feeling of my suspension on the Model Y LR but it's "loud." When the car is loaded with about 200 pounds in the back I notice a much more muted sound with the suspension and it feels like it rides a bit better; still very firm but a "clean" and not harsh feeling. This matches what Elon has said, that the suspension gets better when it's loaded up in the back... unfortunately my rear is almost always empty unless I'm hauling tires and wheels to be mounted once every couple years...

Would be curious if this kit is much quieter when going over bumps... I get a somewhat metallic or plastic sounding "pinks" when going over bumps, not deep thuds.

I went off of all the reviews from Model 3 owners with the same setup. I know that these are not the same, and they had to be redesigned for the Model Y, but I'm just assuming that the results will be at least similar.

I dislike the ride feel enough that I'm willing to jump in and try these out. I ordered during the black Friday sale, but not exactly on the day, so I'm not sure when I'll be getting my set. Hopefully it'll be shipped along with everyone else that ordered? I'm happy to document how it all goes.

I bought my MPP coilovers for my model y based on personal experience with my model 3 comfort non-adjustable coilovers. Extremely happy with the performance and lack of nvh which was a big concern for me given this car doesn't have engine/exhaust noise. Just echoing most people, but customer service has been top notch.

Just a FYI, I got an email from MPP that they've heard back from KW and there's some sign that some of the earliest orders will have their coilovers shipped in 2 weeks, the rest are still 2 - 4 weeks out.

It doesn't seem like they know how many are coming in 2 weeks, so there's no way to estimate if you made that cutoff or not.

Just a FYI, I got an email from MPP that they've heard back from KW and there's some sign that some of the earliest orders will have their coilovers shipped in 2 weeks, the rest are still 2 - 4 weeks out.

It doesn't seem like they know how many are coming in 2 weeks, so there's no way to estimate if you made that cutoff or not.
I received that email yesterday as well. We will know more end at the month who gets tracking number first.