Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MountainPass Performance Comfort Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I just did a bunch of driving around with the settings at 14/14 and wow, what a difference. I'm so happy that my initial feeling that it was just as stiff as before was really because the adjustments were actually pretty stiff. I think 14/14 is really comfortable and I'll probably keep it this way for awhile.

It's also very easy to adjust once you know where to look! If you didn't lower the car at all, then you won't even need to take the wheels off.

Thanks for all the feed back and trial and errors. Now I really can’t wait until they arrive. I might have to paint the springs black. Any advice on that? In Hawaii we do safety checks every year. They supposedly check if there are after market parts installed. Make sure license plate are on and at a certain height. Make sure you wheel are not bigger than the manufactures. Tint etc etc. I feel if I can paint the springs black I won’t have to get a secondary check (sticker) called RECON and pay more for those stickers.

How did it take from getting your MPPC to ship to arriving at your house?

Keep adjusting them. Sounds like 14/14 all is the lead. I would love to take Pepsi challenge comparing your roads to any other state. I’m curious if you folks went 15/15 if that would be to soft or better. On this island top speed is 65, and on the local roads we drive around 35mph. Plenty of pot holes or metal plate due to construction of our new metro system.

I have the UPP 1” moderate springs - and I was happy... man I’m glad y’all have found settings that allow for comfort & ride quality.

My stock shocks are “fine” but when the option for aftermarket dampers becomes available - I’m ready. My ride height is perfect. But stock dampers leave room for improvement - which sounds like these coil overs do a wonderful job! If anyone is near Tacoma, WA - I wanna test ride.

OK, I just did a bunch of driving around with the settings at 14/14 and wow, what a difference. I'm so happy that my initial feeling that it was just as stiff as before was really because the adjustments were actually pretty stiff. I think 14/14 is really comfortable and I'll probably keep it this way for awhile.

It's also very easy to adjust once you know where to look! If you didn't lower the car at all, then you won't even need to take the wheels off.

Woo! Thanks for the update, I am glad you got to sort it out yourself and save a trip to the shop. I would suggest for anyone who has their kit but hasn't had it installed yet to adjust the dampers before handing them over to the shop. This way, we know they are set right! Thank you again for the follow up :)

Thanks for all the feed back and trial and errors. Now I really can’t wait until they arrive. I might have to paint the springs black. Any advice on that? In Hawaii we do safety checks every year. They supposedly check if there are after market parts installed. Make sure license plate are on and at a certain height. Make sure you wheel are not bigger than the manufactures. Tint etc etc. I feel if I can paint the springs black I won’t have to get a secondary check (sticker) called RECON and pay more for those stickers.

Keep adjusting them. Sounds like 14/14 all is the lead. I would love to take Pepsi challenge comparing your roads to any other state. I’m curious if you folks went 15/15 if that would be to soft or better. On this island top speed is 65, and on the local roads we drive around 35mph. Plenty of pot holes or metal plate due to construction of our new metro system.

I think MPP said that anything softer than 14/14 would start feeling floaty/bouncy. Even at 14/14, it's so comfortable, maybe too comfortable. I am considering possibly moving it to 12/12 all around at some point to see how that feels.

I'm wondering after a 3 year lease how much one could recoup selling them used. Maybe $1000? That would help me lean towards spending $3,000 on a leased car.

The shop that I use would charge as much to take them off as they did to put them on.

In fact they mentioned a Model 3 owner who had them remove the coilovers and reinstall the stock suspension before he took the 3 back to the Tesla Service Center. Then he brought it back for them to reinstall the coilovers. That's >$1K right there. The guy was afraid that Tesla would notice the coilovers and void the warranty. Apparently, he's had them do that three times despite the shop trying to talk him out of it.

• Funny
Reactions: gundarx
I think MPP said that anything softer than 14/14 would start feeling floaty/bouncy. Even at 14/14, it's so comfortable, maybe too comfortable. I am considering possibly moving it to 12/12 all around at some point to see how that feels.

Report to us how 12/12 or 13/13 feel. It will probably be awhile until I receive/install/play with suspension. I don't mind it to comfy, but floaty would bother me. To be honest I'm 90% okay how the stock suspension is now coming from a lower mini cooper. But if I can lower my LR to just 1 inch and fill in that other 10% of comfort, mission complete.

It took a couple of weeks after getting a shipping notice. For some reason it sat around Germany for at least a week. Once it left Germany it took 3-4 days

Reactions: Wreckz
It took a couple of weeks after getting a shipping notice. For some reason it sat around Germany for at least a week. Once it left Germany it took 3-4 days

Sometimes (still a mystery to us) FedEx will just have the shipment floating around Germany for a bit before it actually heads to the USA. Don't worry too much if you see it stationary for a few days!

i know im gonna super regret this because i am hearing so much good about this.. . I need to sell mine I just ordered and got delivered in Socal / la area to be able to pay property taxes and new baby etc. im even considering selling my porsche to keep these coilovers and throw them on.... If someone in the area wants to buy these without waiting, let me know. If Crypto goes crazy in the next week, i'll probably keep them. message me if u want them, super sorry in advance if i change my mind and actually scrape up enough money to get them installed

Message me a price. I'm in oc

i know im gonna super regret this because i am hearing so much good about this.. . I need to sell mine I just ordered and got delivered in Socal / la area to be able to pay property taxes and new baby etc. im even considering selling my porsche to keep these coilovers and throw them on.... If someone in the area wants to buy these without waiting, let me know. If Crypto goes crazy in the next week, i'll probably keep them. message me if u want them, super sorry in advance if i change my mind and actually scrape up enough money to get them installed

Pictures
How much?