Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MountainPass Performance Comfort Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice. I've wanted to see a lowered Y for some time. Any more pics? How much is this lowered?
Thanks.
Lowered 1in which correspond to the initial MPP recommendations.

These are 20in wheels
9091E093-0C81-4B3B-B4AF-ED8AB966B981.jpeg
04BCC8F0-6A19-4148-9DD5-1161FF10845A.jpeg
8303E55F-1D59-4262-95F5-996449697A61.jpeg

When I get my coil overs I’m definitely going to label them for my installer (i live in a condo and can’t install them myself).. but yeah maybe MPP should at least have it in their install docs which one is left and right.
Like I mentioned before I’ve installed the wrong strut on the wrong side or installed the springs upside down. Cursing is always involved, followed by a laugh, and maybe a few tears 😭

Reactions: DennyL
When I get my coil overs I’m definitely going to label them for my installer (i live in a condo and can’t install them myself).. but yeah maybe MPP should at least have it in their install docs which one is left and right.
Like I mentioned before I’ve installed the wrong strut on the wrong side or installed the springs upside down. Cursing is always involved, followed by a laugh, and maybe a few tears 😭
Just make sure the part on the strut that will link up with the sway bar is pointing inward you should be good.

I can say I am completely satisfied with the quality of these coil overs. Right out the gate from factory settings (maybe it’s already 12/12) I had tested at locations where I always had to slow down because of how harsh the road is and man the coilover absorbed maybe 90% of it. Just wow just Cannot believe the differences in the ride quality.

I have not dialed in any settings yet. This is at 1 1/2 inch front spring perch measurement. I couldn’t figure out how to measure hub to fender? How do I measure hub to fender?

Last edited:
I can say I am completely satisfied with the quality of these coil overs. Right out the gate from factory settings (maybe it’s already 12/12) I had tested at locations where I always had to slow down because of how harsh the road is and man the coilover absorbed maybe 90% of it. Just wow just Cannot believe the differences in the ride quality.

I have dialed in any settings yet. This is 1 1/2 inch

congrats! what adjustment settings are you using?

i’m currently at:
front 12/12 (compression/rebound turns from full stiff)
rear 12/10 (compression/rebound turns from full stiff)

with 40psi on my Michelin PS AS4 tires on the uberturbines and really like this combination- comfortable, quiet, and confident sport handling; from following Taycan forum owners on 21” maintain 40psi when not loading up cargo (42psi then)

It’s more likely that the KW dampers came just a few turns (IIRC mine were 4 turns) from full-stiff which is going to be too hard unless you’re in North Carolina with immaculate roads. I think KW assumes the customer drives these on the autobahn or the Nür ;)
@DennyL you’ll definitely want to adjust those settings after your initial honeymoon ;)

btw don’t forget to do an alignment after everything settles

R means Right and L means Left!

20210315_102121.jpg

The dampers come set where they were left from the shock dyno test at KW, so never assume they are good to go! Sometimes shops adjust them backwards too, so we made a video showing which way to turn them.