Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MountainPass Performance Comfort Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#gundrarx. Do you think you where able to get in specs cause you installed the control arms etc.

Has anybody in this thread just dump the their car and wasn’t getting the alignment report you were expecting. I would hate to spend another 2 to fix this.

I only have the coilovers and adjustable rear camber arms which is really all Jesse @MountainPass recommends for non-track use.

I have coils and camber arms too. I'm fine with the front camber since it's where id expect with max recommended drop and there's not much adjustment anyway. My rear toe is really my only concern. I think they just used the wrong specs since I came upon Barrygold's old spec sheets and apparently they're different from 19/20 vs the 21s. I guess I'll just go back and get it readjusted.

I have coils and camber arms too. I'm fine with the front camber since it's where id expect with max recommended drop and there's not much adjustment anyway. My rear toe is really my only concern. I think they just used the wrong specs since I came upon Barrygold's old spec sheets and apparently they're different from 19/20 vs the 21s. I guess I'll just go back and get it readjusted.
Are the rear toes adjustable for the Y from the factory?

So, thought I might be pushing my luck by installing a front spoiler. Prior to install, twice I’ve slightly scraped the driver side of the lowest part of the front bumper (the parts that slopes down in front of the tires). Actually, my brother is responsible for one of those scrapes.

It’s been installed for about a week now. Pleased to announce I’ve had zero issues on my normal route and driveways with the lowest recommended drop + front spoiler.

0F29B218-CC9B-4CB4-B63B-53C300CEAE98.jpeg

So, thought I might be pushing my luck by installing a front spoiler. Prior to install, twice I’ve slightly scraped the driver side of the lowest part of the front bumper (the parts that slopes down in front of the tires). Actually, my brother is responsible for one of those scrapes.

It’s been installed for about a week now. Pleased to announce I’ve had zero issues on my normal route and driveways with the lowest recommended drop + front spoiler.

View attachment 646126
Looks good! Who makes the that lip?

I realized today one unexpected benefit of lowering the Y is much-improved rear trunk opening, at least for my garage (standard height for new construction- 7' 3" in my case). I think mine is lowered about 1.1" from factory MYP height, but due to design of car's hatch, I was able to raise the opening much more than that would suggest. For my height, no longer have to duck under to get groceries.

If you've lowered your MY and have programmed your trunk opening height as not to hit your garage door, don't forget to reprogram it.

DSC09882.jpg

DSC09884.jpg

Hey fellas, have you ever come to a website and come across a link where you know you really shouldn't click on but you click on it anyway. ;)
That's how I feel about this thread. Dang it! I'm in the middle of my Taco build (yes, the antithesis of Tesla). I lift my truck, now I wanna drop my Tesla.
KW (and MPP) is this ish - I ran them on my Audis back in the day and they were so nice.