Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MountainPass Performance Comfort Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Miata is slammed and my mud flaps have more travel room than my Model Y haha. It's just the Tesla ones are roughly 1.5" longer than the other designs. Not an issue for stock height.

1617903350465.png

1617903401994.png

My Miata is slammed and my mud flaps have more travel room than my Model Y haha. It's just the Tesla ones are roughly 1.5" longer than the other designs. Not an issue for stock height.

View attachment 652081

View attachment 652082
A bit of "thread hijack" here: what is the point of lowering the car like this - i.e. your miata, or for the MY or any other car? Is it for looks or for performance? I've never been able to figure out why this is such a big focal point for so many drivers. Thanks for your feedback.

I wouldn't use 3 weeks as a baseline for you. From what I heard it's about 6-10 days for you folks. Sitting at Fedex Germany for a few days, Few days at US customs... etc etc..

For me I can see it sit in Kentucky for an extra 3-7 days before it is in transit Hawaii.

A bit of "thread hijack" here: what is the point of lowering the car like this - i.e. your miata, or for the MY or any other car? Is it for looks or for performance? I've never been able to figure out why this is such a big focal point for so many drivers. Thanks for your feedback.
Variably, it's both. For some it's better handling for some it's better looks but for most it's both.

I wouldn't use 3 weeks as a baseline for you. From what I heard it's about 6-10 days for you folks. Sitting at Fedex Germany for a few days, Few days at US customs... etc etc..

For me I can see it sit in Kentucky for an extra 3-7 days before it is in transit Hawaii.
It took 5 days for my package just to get out of Germany before it got to Belgium.

Found this in the model 3 forum. For anyone who never installed coilovers in general and planning to DYI, this video is a good start.

My question is where did he get the torgue specs? Is there a tesla repair manual pdf we can download :) I remember when I was younger I had a Haynes Repair Manual for my RX7
1618283697295.png

Last edited:
I had a few emails this weekend asking about how long the packages tend to stay in Frankfurt. FedEx has limitations on how many planes they are allowed to bring in and out of Germany, so the packages get bottlenecked there and trickle through. If you notice your coilovers have been there for more than 3-4 days just give us a shout and I will work my magic.

Thanks guys!

- Jesse