Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MountainPass Performance Comfort Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you post some pictures? I don't think I've ever seen a quasi slammed model Y? Should look fantastic with some super wide wheels and tires
It’s not slammed but lower than the recommended height from MPP 😬.

Attachments

• 588462CC-09DB-4B83-BB48-C390DA3AB3CE.jpeg
    588462CC-09DB-4B83-BB48-C390DA3AB3CE.jpeg
    482.3 KB · Views: 222
  • FB702912-4F0D-41B9-9844-8D28CD9C31A2.jpeg
    FB702912-4F0D-41B9-9844-8D28CD9C31A2.jpeg
    565.2 KB · Views: 184
Where is everyone finding the torque specs for the various bolts such as the upper control arm assembly, sway bar, and bottom arm & shock mount? The videos that I've seen that mention them were all on Model 3s. Is the torque the same? MPP gives torque for the top hat and jam nut but what about the rest? Also, I see max height settings at 79mm/40mm front/rear perch but I don't see any min settings. I'm thinking of going 5mm lower than the initial settings and starting at 14/14 all around for max comfort.

It's not bump stop noise.
Reading the comments here I would like to elaborate on my observations. Obviously new shocks do not totally change a car’s NVH profile.
To illustrate with an example: Hitting a nasty freeway joint. Previously the shock and noise would literally be painfully loud and jarring. Now most of that is gone. Is it still louder than most cars, especially rather expensive cars? Yes.
Around town: the car still rumbles along annoyingly but again the larger impacts and abrupt bumps are very muted compared to the stock suspension.
My previous post described how I interpret or guess what may be happening, but I really don’t know. I stand by what I said as a reasonable interpretation of what seems to be happening in the car Or at least how it is perceived by people in the car.

Okay, I think I’m about ready to pull the trigger. Can anybody recommend a shop in Seattle greater area that does coliovers on Teslas? Preferably somebody that can hold my hand through the process because I’ve never modded a car before. I.e. I’ll probably rely on them to confirm the adjustable settings and ride height and such. Thanks.

Sorry for the redundant message,

What's the consensus in this thread on first settings? Looking for comfort without huge response penalty. MPP recommended?

Finally pulled the trigger and getting them installed this week, had followed this for months. Seems like folks liked @gundarx's recommended settings?

Sorry for the redundant message,

What's the consensus in this thread on first settings? Looking for comfort without huge response penalty. MPP recommended?

Finally pulled the trigger and getting them installed this week, had followed this for months. Seems like folks liked @gundarx's recommended settings?
12/10 compression / rebound for starters. If that does not feel firm enough then 10 / 8.

Reactions: Gaige