Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MountainPass Performance Comfort Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Ruffles this demands a new pic with all your adjustments.
Second this! I have a MY Performance about to pull the trigger on MMP coilovers and rear camber arms. My primary objective is for comfort (hoping to achieve a similar ride to my previous model X) but would also like it lowered another inch or so. @Ruffles setup looks amazing, but don't want to be playing with adjustments all the time.

@Ruffles Hmm, that sounds like a lot. Typically we'll see the rear settle a small amount (6-10mm), and the front not much (a few mm).

Is the car loaded up with kids stuff? I know our Y is at the moment... Also check that you're measuring on level ground. Feel free to email us if you have any questions, they do not continue settling indefinitely!

Reactions: Exelion and Ruffles
Very happy after driving 60 miles on them... also 20mm spacers in the rear and 18mm in the front.

PYl4rP_eHJb-d2yZWlGdZTkeiHhewTZKUJkknN4Sw6h5ajiRq_UOJ1D7DhFji90nCHylUUbxv6V_LVGbhCFwTg5CjCoBTCahhU5kB35IkGMwOhtPMq-SKYJBXRd-9yRLehRSkQgQvHp_wEZIyHjkdYMTWxuDySxTn2O001Sdv355-5cwXashOqGNq-n2caceh3hy-wd_DaKcUj4B3HQrrw6tJwlGJG-DnQUUorY7I74DtGKwyt74ruLWHdKqQl7aOpoqLab2_qRpuAtb-fwiiaNKrPjxxk1NFY9kyWyYjIQ48U4ec9dpA3weXJdt-4ocuS538Df2L9fi5PUGPWnP4QquELXhs9-4kBdvkyZccSKjru6McVWLBuWvjUmkNn-WdbOZpcInlaiQrL-Bdz_AoWmLw6U-glgF7dZAyB-SM1bWDyvypM3-Wpre6xjP6o5jZwNMnzqvSxjzx-jqDz26nyHswW5BMKFGIMeBHwDYURTZrogNuKQT2RUv0AghD-JMuLRkfWb7nE5yMKAvb0XHWwkn_eWox_W6wYCf_Or_2WM5mgukRh_Wt71_tnsriXvFCO4ASd0fQ-1826nAdMkZqfK9TKNYpUY4xzr7sWQrOsczkBqzpe2BeDVuMlr1U-6tCzJZ8-KSca9omxYVHv7kd9k_HjIzV4o47N9kKCq4QYhcAvLsbVyQ-6o8ap47B09h3c_bL4KOxYnr09ZRtFuHt_RW=w1000-tmj.jpg

TFsMcvdtBCVEXh510RVA62FCToR-maaUhOGA25QSziFlX23nL0uRFWsyXZi93_V3eQrQatajmLue5kVWcCqUtLJmJnPmyTuBXVxP3IyMt2ii9JdqfFvanM2g7FhGIxTlbA7vgnSKWEXSbgbT7mQ9jSlgpR19EZB_z5RN2QXIaXXSStvG7nHjwtuthRd4sNSFk48bouucZHmUt2TJ5iXF-vlyLRTXC_7dz53tZIXYqPa2l5WVdywtQgRp1Fek-ig_7CFrKUGVeg6e0xfFzX5gT3q1TyLiu_61FSTxK_CddM1zQihgwQbzZHSWkmEoEel-rhLRurb6ngkNYkt3xuhx9R31KZ2ODEe-TtqdDLPNFv2o_Gid1BFw4h_tUW5IUhkOWLhpAL8D7bMN3-FuojRSI_Y2mye4PFIcrqhuCY6Ypvgw2BDoJV9POmkHPEXFhfeZCv9r6Vk0KxxV6p726CgIQyBx1MSWzgC2qvYcaRPSLnbePTGeZboTD6_W5jUcTeKzymFlljd4m8_d4awfhBvx6-afvvCjM2mqzgxJtsGVVfC5pTcM2Vna_bb2rNX3gylEXdjNq21RGBMij84KP2Oh668r1XCods_dbvqfXD3EHi9UfEj-kGu2cGHSnyHWHJOrj7yElMWgIuH31A5x1b_Ogd80EQi3PCXrnkaRvcOxQUBMToiR_kFz6SlivX-J6cGHikP3AinWV4gL2SsjjxmKuVJC=w1000-tmj.jpg

WDg1yIrtE7FjgMSNygODmoIbWoUTcN01uvlbZO2myIfotzAF9TzwR_WotzeXk21--WyeWLFzIPrnhX5kz78-twsI1Jtct0i5a94sFyk_FCqMlyUjDPVtNotZ-KpMVxAbDA06-4gUO-61vRuseQSo7HN8SxAi-Y1PimothBIi17yGhENEAeMCP7LyPu3ys5n0-F4vP4kY298zYynYzmTuGeqdTsOtCOqX6vkmQlyWr4KY9YNEoFOCgPdPyfKhe-BrR1KTNvmmSR8DyWDboP1MCwsDPWPayU9-Ejqw2Iqd8Ll3hmFiMvpRJzDUWQw9QmJIsom4bwdJHz-akVMqaR_85oOdRnllgkqJt7_QqB_j8ct4WdlNHLkxk9qgmB6mx7JGKciC2tY127vanVAWIeL6vQ9NnW4XEvfuSRsCHccDisrVfbHZq7y-PqhUSjbnecLSKqbPZG_fg7YVQFVEktXd-zN-sXjqtBZoQMTJ33CnMyE7-h6g9YEkj7H0kmSRyUm8YJmmFhfdCrief03q_sVsNypTVfE_NCkoTVVYbh3n_zzFv3yUPiUfEhasmIrRHozwAHf6-C6odV951W_WIXkaCKLeCjiH1MCXcA-fEGL1QKj-X_RNEOOsFWTLlEpIW1wuW-QF0MA6lt-ldPI10p64KMpRWHUV-WHH2HSUq7G7OLlkJe-cwtywvyT0Gase2sF0PoSuaSJzRGRuVwKkVQWv9kFR=w1000-tmj.jpg

Second this! I have a MY Performance about to pull the trigger on MMP coilovers and rear camber arms. My primary objective is for comfort (hoping to achieve a similar ride to my previous model X) but would also like it lowered another inch or so. @Ruffles setup looks amazing, but don't want to be playing with adjustments all the time.
Sorry guys, I've been busy with work this week but hopefully I'll be able to shoot some new pics soon. @MountainPass let me check my tire pressures and measure again. I don't have anything extra in it but maybe I missed something when I measured. I'll ping you if it continues to be an issue.

Reactions: Paul8810
FYI - If you've lowered your car, you might consider re-calibrating your AP cameras. AP in my car has been bugging me lately on the freeway. When cars in front of me slow, my car wouldn't seem to see them and instead get too close before braking hard. It was bad enough that I was worried someone would rear end me for almost brake checking them. I had assumed it was just an issue in the current software version I was running but today I recalibrated my cameras and it made a big difference. Who'd have thought the inch lower height would have been a factor.

VIN 88xxx, now at 12k miles. MYLR, stock 19" Apollo/Gemini, ContiProContact set at 43psi cold (would go to 46-48psi at 105f ambient). About 3k miles on MPP comfort coilovers, as close to OEM ride height as possible, 14/12 front, 10/10 rear.

Just returned from a 2k mile road trip, FW>Denver>Aspen>FW. One way solo, return trip (from Aspen) with my 22year-old-son. Interstate, 2-lanes in CO, also NW of Amarillo. Variety of road surfaces, mostly well maintained.

My son noticed the suspension change immediately. Less harsh slap over expansion cracks and minor bumps, larger potholes (asphalt delamination, 3-4" deep) are still noticeable, but as others have stated, they are HEARD rather than FELT. He said he was bracing for impact when he saw an unavoidable hole coming, and was surprised by the absorption of the impact. Considerably less harshness overall.

Handling? Long sweeping curves at speed (65-75mph), encountering washboard surfaces, the car felt much more stable, never being thrown offline.

Tracking? Absolutely dead-on straight, could cruise on the perfectly straight stretches with virtually zero steering input. Also, road imperfections did NOT throw the car off-line, which I can't say about the OEM suspension.

All that said, OF COURSE it felt better. I just dropped $3500 (parts/install/alignment) on a $52k car!!!

Seriously, though, the fact that my son noticed the difference immediately means a lot.

(FYI, w/o Gemini covers, driving 75-80interstate, averaged 286wh/mi for the 2k miles trip. Enjoyed the energy recovery descending Independence Pass [an absolute MUST SEE on your bucket list!]) and never a moment of range anxiety. As with any EV, trip planning is an absolute necessity

initial recommended settings (from MPP Coilover Installation Instructions | Mountain Pass Performance):
front 12/12 (compression/rebound turns from full stiff)
rear 10/8 (compression/rebound turns from full stiff)

I've been tinkering with my settings to strike a better daily-driving balance on comfort, handling and NVH, whether driving solo (spirited), with 1 passenger, with rear passengers or full load, and think I've got it:
front 11/11 (compression/rebound turns from full stiff)
rear 10/9 (compression/rebound turns from full stiff)

The front 11/11 seems to better absorb harmonic vibrations from the car, lends to sharper steering response, and also nicely dampens against harder impacts (less likely to hit bump stops?). There's less dashboard noise from bumps and potholes!

The rear R:9 noticeably improves comfort with that 1 turn, yet maintaining sporty handling.

Last edited:
initial recommended settings (from MPP Coilover Installation Instructions | Mountain Pass Performance):
front 12/12 (compression/rebound turns from full stiff)
rear 10/8 (compression/rebound turns from full stiff)

I've been tinkering with my settings to strike a better daily-driving balance on comfort, handling and NVH, whether driving solo (spirited), with 1 passenger, with rear passengers or full load, and think I've got it:
front 11/11 (compression/rebound turns from full stiff)
rear 10/9 (compression/rebound turns from full stiff)

The front 11/11 seems to better absorb harmonic vibrations from the car, lends to sharper steering response, and also nicely dampens against harder impacts (less likely to hit bump stops?). There's less dashboard noise from bumps and potholes!

The rear R:9 noticeably improves comfort with that 1 turn, yet maintaining sporty handling.
Are there also recommended height settings from MPP? TIA.