Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MountainPass Performance Comfort Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really interested in these for improved ride comfort in my 2022 MYP. Will installation of these coilovers void my Tesla warranty?
Never seen a warranty voided due to suspension, usually they will just decline to work in that particular are, which is justifiable. However, if there are other areas that require warranty service (charging, electrical, etc), this would still be covered.

There is no one answer for every case. All sorts of variables involved like the service center, who is handling your claim, etc.

Adjusted my dampeners to 14 all around and while the ride is more cushy I’m noticing a lot of body roll. Any one try stiffer anti roll bars in conjunction with this or should I just stiffen up my dampeners?

Attachments

• D56DF3D8-8C68-405A-ACF1-B8869EAAE1A7.jpeg
    D56DF3D8-8C68-405A-ACF1-B8869EAAE1A7.jpeg
    488.2 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: MODEL+
Adjusted my dampeners to 14 all around and while the ride is more cushy I’m noticing a lot of body roll. Any one try stiffer anti roll bars in conjunction with this or should I just stiffen up my dampeners?
I recommend their default which is 12/10 all around. Nice balance of reasonably supple ride, good roll control and responsive handling without being too locked down or stiff. We have that setting with the Comfort coilovers on my wife's car. I've got the MPP Sport coilover set at 10/8 which is pretty firm especially in cold weather. The ride of course won't be cushy but if you're concerned about getting the best possible ride, work on getting unsprung weight down in other words replace the OEM wheels if you have them with the lightest forged wheel you can afford. Also, don't run the tires at 42 LB pressure. Around town we have ours at 35 to 38. When we go on road trips we bump up. The little bit of lost range around town is not meaningful.

Last edited:
Oh no boy I know this will cause an outcry. I tried all the setting between 12 and 5 ended up very happy with 7/7 all round on my MYP Feels nice and tight . Not as harsh as I expected only found this out driving to and frow to an Autocross event. I am running fairly low at about 1.25 inch tire gap all round on 285/35/20 wheels. Don't carry passengers very often but no touching.

Reactions: dfwatt
Oh no boy I know this will cause an outcry. I tried all the setting between 12 and 5 ended up very happy with 7/7 all round on my MYP Feels nice and tight . Not as harsh as I expected only found this out driving to and frow to an Autocross event. I am running fairly low at about 1.25 inch tire gap all round on 285/35/20 wheels. Don't carry passengers very often but no touching.
7/7, wow, that's pretty stiff. Comfort coilovers or performance?

I have my comforts set around 12-ish and can second the advice above about tire pressure. Any car will feel more harsh with tires pumped to 40+ psi.
The cold weather affects suspensions alot, so if anyone thinks they may want to set it a bit stiffer, you could just wait for the temps to drop :)

Reactions: dfwatt
I actually have the same question as the other form member. Do you have comfort or sport coilovers on your Model Y? 7/7 would be brutally stiff on my car but I have the Sport coilovers with stiffer Springs and where a given setting on the valving is also stiffer than it would be on the Comfort Adjustable set. I have to assume that you have the Comfort adjustable kit but please advise.