Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mounted wrong size wheels - they’re now permanently stuck to the car. Disaster [resolved]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about taking a scissor jack and a long piece of wood and using the sissor jack put a piece of wood in between the tire and sissor jack on one end. Then a long piece of wood up against the wheel on the other side of the car. As you raise/open the jack it puts pressure against the wheels and may pop them off the hub

What about taking a scissor jack and a long piece of wood and using the sissor jack put a piece of wood in between the tire and sissor jack on one end. Then a long piece of wood up against the wheel on the other side of the car. As you raise/open the jack it puts pressure against the wheels and may pop them off the hub
There have been a few suggestions similar to this one. I'm thinking part of the problem is that it may bind when pulling on one part of the wheel. This solution would put more force against the area that is binding. Otherwise driving the car around with the lugs loose would likely have popped the wheel off already.

There have been a few suggestions similar to this one. I'm thinking part of the problem is that it may bind when pulling on one part of the wheel. This solution would put more force against the area that is binding. Otherwise driving the car around with the lugs loose would likely have popped the wheel off already.
OP should send this thread to Elon. You have just found a way to eliminate lug nuts as a cost & weight item. Cold-welded rim installation. Also theftproof!

Haha. There is an instructable for everything.

Update please..... please tell us they are now off
They are not! Due to the holiday, I’ve been unable to spend time, but I’m out of ideas and energy. I’m dropping it at a shop next week who says they’re willing to spend some time trying, but if they’re not able I’ll ask them to cut them off. If they don’t want to be responsible, I’ll be buying an angle grinder and try to slowly get one them off. Concerned about breaking something else and needing it to be towed, but fingers crossed the shop can figure it out.