Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mounting Slim License Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I collected my Tesla from AutoNexus in Perth a year ago, I had to fit my own personalised plates. Autonexus used double-sided tape on the plates, so it was easy enough to remove them and fit the new ones with double-sided tape from Bunnings. Even though the plate was made of relatively inflexible perspex, rather than aluminium, the tape was able to hold it onto the curved front mount.

Glad to hear they use double-sided tape. it does my head in to see all the imported cars driving around with two screws through the middle of their number plates because the factory screw holes don't line up with our standard plates. I amazes me how they get away with it and are still allowed to do it..

it does my head in to see all the imported cars driving around with two screws through the middle of their number plates because the factory screw holes don't line up with our standard plates.
I had to look it up, but only started putting number plates on vehicles (in France, as it happens) in 1893. It's clearly something that's still in the early days but eventually, some day, perhaps, a global standard might emerge you'd think. How hard could that be? ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Murbs