Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mouse in Frunk - Warning: Graphic Picture

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is quite a debate in the Amazon reviews for this product about whether or not it is inhumane. It apparently strangles the mouse, and they take a while to die.

I am not as concerned about a mouse suffering (situational ethics?) as I would be about most other animals, but I don't think I would want to use this type of trap myself.

Last couple days I noticed a ground squirrel transiting between front of MS and adjacent camper. Filed that away.

Today I finally decided to clean out the frunk and discovered that the suirrel had gotten into the frunk and had started to chew into a winter shirt.

MS-rodents_in_frunk.jpg

Apparently all that black plastic in the frunk did not stink enough to repel the rodent. Anyway, I cleaned out the frunk as much as possible. These bastards can get in and we will have to live with that fact.
--

Yesterday heard a scream from the garage as my wife opened the frunk. Little mouse scurried up under the plastic covers. We live on green space and get lots of critters. No food or anything left in the frunk though. Anyway, I prefer the good 'ole Victor snap traps. Cheap and work great every time.

Well this sucks...I just moved from the desert of AZ to Oregon and bought a house with a detached garage. This will definitely be a problem for me, the garage is ancient and not sealed from the outdoors. I guess I'll just have to join the battle since I've already seen "evidence". Better than scorpions I suppose.

Aw MAN!! I presently live in MD about 20 miles from DC and most of the rats are in Wash DC or the capital of MD, Annapolis (sitting in the perspective state houses)...............BUT..............in the Spring we are moving to AZ. Guess we will start the battle with field critters then. Thanks very much for everybodies solutions. I am sure I will visit this thread again............:mad:

It isn't just the frunk that you need to protect from rodents. My aircon was inoperative, almost from new but it really became apparent after the first hot day. When I took it to the service centre they found a rat nest under the plastic valence that separates the firewall from the frunk. The rat had dragged in a lot of leaves to make a comfortable nest but unfortunately there was a power cable to one of the valved in the HVAC system that inconveniently was routed right through the middle of its nest so it chewed through it! Luckily for it and for me it chose not to eat through the adjacent bright orange cable.

Tesla has repaired and 'armoured' the cable with plastic conduit but a good tip is to also wrap the conduit in stainless steel kitchen scourer pads as this damages rodent teeth and they tend to then leave it alone.

More dangerous Australian wildlife!

Reactions: mrElbe