Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Move from Audi Q7 to Model Y or alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for a great feedback, about suspension and stiffness I do not see that a big issue as I drove Japanese cars, some sport Germans cars but annual service and bills this is sometimes which I would like to reduce. Q7 is not cheap to run and maintain and to keep their warranty I pay like 900-1000€ which includes filters and engine oil change :| and yes if they need to do something extra is not cheap for sure.
I asked sales guy if E-Tron will require any inspection and how often, I was informed that to keep warranty you have to come every year and will cost you approx. 300-400€ for such maintenance :)

Thank you for a great feedback, about suspension and stiffness I do not see that a big issue as I drove Japanese cars, some sport Germans cars but annual service and bills this is sometimes which I would like to reduce. Q7 is not cheap to run and maintain and to keep their warranty I pay like 900-1000€ which includes filters and engine oil change :| and yes if they need to do something extra is not cheap for sure.
I asked sales guy if E-Tron will require any inspection and how often, I was informed that to keep warranty you have to come every year and will cost you approx. 300-400€ for such maintenance :)
300-400€ maintenance for what???!!!

Alright, I had a chance to test drive and drove MYP for about 43min and did like 38km mixed town/motorway.

Conclusion:
-Suspension, is stiff, but not too harsh IMO, raiding on 21" with 35 profile for sure reduce the comfort specially if you jump in straight from 255/50/20. As there was some roadworks on a road near garage I had a chance to go through some bumps and can't say is a huge difference. I would say suspension does a good job here.
-Steering wheel, even in comfort mode is still hard and give you a resistance, in Q7 even in sport mode support is high so still kind of comfy but I like how it works in MY
-Sound isolation, I would say here there is a difference, is not bad but I think there is much more noise coming from wheel arches compared to Q7. In regards motorway speed I did not notice any whistling but again more noise due to the wheel arches isolation.
-Infotainment, nice to have all under single screen without dozen of buttons here and there, for sure you need to some time to get use to it but made a good impression on me. Downside, it would be nice to have head up display or some small one behind steering wheel with basic info like speed or speed limit in front of you without needs to look on the main screen.
-Acceleration, :cool:
-Efficiency, I did like 38km in total, mixed between town and motorway with some hammering and I was surprised that avg I got was 176Wh/km ( 109.36 mi/kWh ), it was 2C outside, compared to e-tron which I drove where temp was a bit higher, 4C, did not get on motorway, so mainly country roads with max speed like 90km/h, also on 21" wheels I did not manage to get under 300Wh/km ( 186.4mi/kWh ), difference was that e-tron was not driven prior to my test drive so battery was cold but on other hand did not have a chance to hammer it or go beyond 100km/h.
-Seats, comfortable but not as in Q7, lack of knee support.
-Space, trunk more then enough, space in second row, plenty of leg room but having a needs to install one child seat/booster and have other two kids place around not that straight as in Q7 but still fine and manageable.

In overall I like it, fun to drive but what's bother me now is that lack of USS and still no word on Vision ( 2 weeks :) ), tested one has still USS with additional support from side cameras, very easy to park even in tight space. Other thing in regards of USS removal and potential lack of retrofit due to release of HW4 or potential return of radar or such which may potentially lead to a situation that your new MY in that transition period will be less equipped and comes without any option to be upgraded if Tesla decide to go in a different direction ? By reading now I see this is common thing and changes are made in a fly but my main concern is how that USS removal and lack of any radar can affect systems like blind sport monitoring, collision detection etc. as I'm not sure if these systems are not affected by that recent change ?