TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Move Up on the Tesla Waitlist?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by UCIRyan, May 17, 2012.

1. UCIRyan

UCIRyan New Member

I know, I know, this is a VERY controversial point and is up for a ton of debate, but I just wanted to put it out there...

If there was someone that was willing to give up / trade their spot, I would also be willing to do so and throw some cash in it for you.

I ordered mine in March and am like #7000 on the wait list. I just sold my MBZ and would like to get into a Tesla ASAP. If there's someone here than can wait a little longer and can trade spots, I'd be more than happy to entertain the offer as long as Tesla approves it and I'm still eligible for the rebates and discounts

(Not looking for a signature)

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Once they hit the production models, they're going to be churning them out. I know it's tough to wait but there are advantages too. Any bugs will hopefully be ironed out by the time they hit your car so that's something to consider.

3. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r Blue 85kwh since 12/8/12

Hey, what fun would a forum be without some controversy? :)

And heck, unless the stock market starts shaping up I might be talking to you... Assuming TM approves of course.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Don't Roadster owners get bumped up?

5. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

I'm pretty sure that's only with the Sig series. For normal production, there is just the battery pack availability issue (larger packs available first).

Even with a #7000, I think he shaves about 5 months at best? Granted if I'd given up a MBZ now and was waiting... I'd consider trying to get the Sig.

I'm even more impatient than UCIRyan here though, I don't need to get the Sig I just want to. :tongue:

6. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

@OP: If you have extra cash to drop, you could get on the Sig wait list. Unlikely to get picked up, I'm sure, but it would be one way to move forward.

7. UCIRyan

UCIRyan New Member

Dont have that much cash to move up! :wink:

@dsm363: That's a very good point. I did think about that, but I think me wanting and needing the car will outweigh the bugs / kinks.