Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Move Up on the Tesla Waitlist?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UCIRyan

May 17, 2012
I know, I know, this is a VERY controversial point and is up for a ton of debate, but I just wanted to put it out there...

If there was someone that was willing to give up / trade their spot, I would also be willing to do so and throw some cash in it for you.

I ordered mine in March and am like #7000 on the wait list. I just sold my MBZ and would like to get into a Tesla ASAP. If there's someone here than can wait a little longer and can trade spots, I'd be more than happy to entertain the offer as long as Tesla approves it and I'm still eligible for the rebates and discounts

(Not looking for a signature)

Once they hit the production models, they're going to be churning them out. I know it's tough to wait but there are advantages too. Any bugs will hopefully be ironed out by the time they hit your car so that's something to consider.

I know, I know, this is a VERY controversial point and is up for a ton of debate, but I just wanted to put it out there...

If there was someone that was willing to give up / trade their spot, I would also be willing to do so and throw some cash in it for you.

I ordered mine in March and am like #7000 on the wait list. I just sold my MBZ and would like to get into a Tesla ASAP. If there's someone here than can wait a little longer and can trade spots, I'd be more than happy to entertain the offer as long as Tesla approves it and I'm still eligible for the rebates and discounts

(Not looking for a signature)

Hey, what fun would a forum be without some controversy? :)

And heck, unless the stock market starts shaping up I might be talking to you... Assuming TM approves of course.

Don't Roadster owners get bumped up?
I'm pretty sure that's only with the Sig series. For normal production, there is just the battery pack availability issue (larger packs available first).

Even with a #7000, I think he shaves about 5 months at best? Granted if I'd given up a MBZ now and was waiting... I'd consider trying to get the Sig.

I'm even more impatient than UCIRyan here though, I don't need to get the Sig I just want to. :tongue:

@OP: If you have extra cash to drop, you could get on the Sig wait list. Unlikely to get picked up, I'm sure, but it would be one way to move forward.

Dont have that much cash to move up! :wink:

@dsm363: That's a very good point. I did think about that, but I think me wanting and needing the car will outweigh the bugs / kinks.