Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moved and now Sentry Mode won't turn off at home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently moved and sentry mode keeps activating when parked at home for my 2018 Model 3. I have it set to not turn on at home and also changed the home address on the screen itself as well in the account settings of the app for myself and my wife (following the solutions on this thread).

Only thing I noticed was on my wife’s app she didn’t have location services turned on to always, so at one point it showed the wrong address for the location. I changed that but the problem persists (and I’m not sure if the app is even a factor in deciding whether or not sentry mode turns on).

Any ideas?

Solution
If you have multiple driver profiles in the car, make sure to change the home location(in the navigation area) in each. That solved it for us when we moved

Edit-reread your text. I think you already did it
If you have multiple driver profiles in the car, make sure to change the home location(in the navigation area) in each. That solved it for us when we moved

Edit-reread your text. I think you already did it
To my chagrin, I think I missed the step you mentioned... I had changed the address for the account info in the app for each driver, but missed changing the Home address on my wife's profile. I updated that and I think it fixed the problem. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue...did you get it fixed? How do you set a "Home" address on the iOS app? I don't see a field for setting "Home" to any address on the phone app.
So it wasn't actually an issue with the app like I thought, it was the multiple driver profiles on the car itself. You have to switch to each profile and change the Home address on the screen. Mine was changed but my wife's wasn't, which was causing the issue. I might have done it and it didn't save, which is what @Supcom noted above as well.

But if you want to change your address in the app anyway, click your profile in the top right > Account > Contact Info. I believe this also can be changed on a user-by-user basis if you have mutliple people with accounts and access to your car.

Upvote 0
So it wasn't actually an issue with the app like I thought, it was the multiple driver profiles on the car itself. You have to switch to each profile and change the Home address on the screen. Mine was changed but my wife's wasn't, which was causing the issue. I might have done it and it didn't save, which is what @Supcom noted above as well.

But if you want to change your address in the app anyway, click your profile in the top right > Account > Contact Info. I believe this also can be changed on a user-by-user basis if you have mutliple people with accounts and access to your car.
Thanks, man, you gave me hope…tried deleting all profiles except one, deleted home address designation, reassigned it, confirmed it is set to exclude Home, parked, 5 minutes later, it’s on again. I’m at my wit’s end here…

Upvote 0
Thanks, man, you gave me hope…tried deleting all profiles except one, deleted home address designation, reassigned it, confirmed it is set to exclude Home, parked, 5 minutes later, it’s on again. I’m at my wit’s end here…
And you’re absolutely sure it’s set to not turn on at home? Does the screen show you at home or does it look off at all (like places you down the street a bit or something)?

Upvote 0
Problem solved. it was not Tesla’s fault at all. Teslafi apparently had an option to “enable sentry mode at untagged locations,” and fo some reason they did some update that untagged my home as a designated location, ergo, Teslafi was enabling sentry mode in both Teslas. mea culpa. thanks everyone for the help! I feel silly.

Upvote 0