Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Movie "Clear History" : Silicon Valley EV company founded in 2003

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Anyone else see HBO's "Clear History" movie?
Seems like they spoofed Tesla a bit at the beginning with the story about a silicon valley EV startup in 2003...

This trailer doesn't show much of it, but a hint about "electron motors":

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, the "gotta figure out where that was filmed" gene in me had me trying to find the Coffee shop supposedly in San Jose. The clothes on the patrons looked more East Coast to me. Driving around possible places in Street View, I finally found it:
Google Maps
Marino's Cafe in Beverly, MA.
(I could just make out a "Willis St" sign out one window, the reverse "200" address label on the window, and a used car lot across the street.)

marinos1.png

Beverly, Massachusetts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • Clear History (HBO) (2014) Scenes in Beverly Farms, North Shore Music Theater and Marino's Cafe, Rantoul St...
- - - Updated - - -

---

HBO Has A New Movie About Electric Cars But They Cant Design One

Larry Davids new HBO comedy begins with an electric car | MNN - Mother Nature Network
... We had four ‘hero’ Howards and we would repaint them sometimes, depending on what we needed them to do in the shot,” says director Greg Mottola, explaining that they were built on the base of an electric GEM car, “a utility vehicle you might see a groundskeeper driving, and we added parts on top of it. That was best solution for the money we could spend. We wanted it to be a little dorky, a little square. The idea of the car is it’s supposed to be a low price point and run forever, and we decided it should be fairly ugly.” The light-up H logo, Mottola’s idea, was designed “to give it one little bit of splashiness.”...

Last edited: